Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

seelenamt

Old February 4th, 2016, 02:05 AM
So this will probably be a matter of debate, because it can be argued either way.

The SR5 Core rule book (page 456) states that

Quote:
Cyberskulls and –torsos are included in the “cyberlimbs” category, though they are in fact shells rather than full replacements (or actual limbs).
As it stands right now, you can customize your strength and agility for both the torso and skull (and even partial skull). The statement that they are shells would seem to imply the underlying bone and musculature would be untouched, which would mean they would not have customized agility and strength.

Right now, Hero Lab doesn't allow you to add enhanced strength or agility to either of these parts, but as far as I can tell there's nothing to back that up except the implication that they cannot be customized as normal limbs, which would support the idea that they can't have customized agility/strength.

I unfortunately can't find any official clarification either way, but I'd like to hear what other people have to say.
seelenamt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 4th, 2016, 06:39 AM
They have historically had no options for str or agi ratings as they do not effect any dice pools (there's even a section about this, kind of, in the rules iirc where they note one handed weapons only use the agility and str from one cyberarm but do not mention the ratings for the torso as being relevant or important).
adzling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old February 8th, 2016, 05:20 AM
I would like the option of being able to put firearms into my cyber torso.
Polecat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old February 12th, 2016, 01:49 AM
The just recently released german SR 5 Cyberware sourcebook confirmed this. Skulls and Torsos do not have ability ratings. In addition, having full replacement extremities affects your limits.

Since the german authors are in direct contact with Catalyst and have to hand in every clarification or rules change with Hardy for confirmation, this is proably as official as we're going to get it. :-)

Last edited by Ech0; February 12th, 2016 at 01:51 AM.
Ech0 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Valentet

Old February 13th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
The just recently released german SR 5 Cyberware sourcebook confirmed this. Skulls and Torsos do not have ability ratings. In addition, having full replacement extremities affects your limits.

Since the german authors are in direct contact with Catalyst and have to hand in every clarification or rules change with Hardy for confirmation, this is proably as official as we're going to get it. :-)
Is there any proof that Catalyst will implement the German changes? If not then this should only be an optional rule, if it is included at all.
Valentet is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old February 15th, 2016, 02:30 AM
This would require errata - and since Catalyst will never release an errata for any of the SR 5 sourcebooks, it's probably moot to discuss it further.

But I'd be happy if optional rules for "zeh tschörmäns" would be possible. Meaning High-velocity rules, Skillsofts, Mentor Spirits etc.

I'd be happy to compile them, too.
Ech0 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote