Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

seansong

Send a message via AIM to seansong

Old November 27th, 2019, 10:31 AM
I’ve never played in a vtt space, but looking to do so. I know I read in one of the threads that HLO wasn’t intended to be a VTT (at least not yet, and I’m paraphrasing a bit probably) but that it could perhaps compliment one.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a vtt noob as a starting point? Prefer to do 2e, but also have all my accounts in HLC for 1e also. I’m looking to do this as a player, not GM at least to begin with.
Thanks in advance. Mod, if this thread in the wrong forum please move wherever appropriate?
Sean
seansong is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old November 27th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Tooting our own horn here but you can try out MapTool for free since it's opensource and will always be free.

To get over the initial "um, where do I start?" there are several youtube videos and a friendly Discord server not to mention a forums with over a decades worth of info...

https://www.rptools.net/

You can visit my links below to grab a Pathfinder 1E campaign and a sever invite to Discord.

I'm currently working on a Pathfinder 2E campaign but it's still rough around the edge and hoping for an API still from LW for HLO. I play face-2-face so my campaigns revolve around that, but there are other frameworks out there for PF1E.

Note: We support HL classic by directly reading the portfolio for character import (my framework then stats out PF1E characters from this). For 2E, MT has full RESTful macro support that will hopefully be enough to interact with HLO for character data.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old November 28th, 2019, 05:19 AM
I use d20 pro for Gming my games. I have used map tools and roll20 in the past and although they are both great resources, I prefer D20 pro for its ability to quickly add and build encounters on the fly.
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
seansong

Send a message via AIM to seansong

Old November 28th, 2019, 08:14 AM
Cool, thanks to both of you for the info and invite. I guess a quick followup, where is the best place to look for virtual games to join? not really wanting to do PbP, more interested in VTT for PF2 so i can start learning the system.
seansong is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old November 28th, 2019, 03:44 PM
I just got back in to gaming after a few years and needed a vtt. End up with Fantasy Grounds, but there isn't Hero Lab support for PF2. I just use Hero Lab Online for character gen, then you have to manually input that info into Fantasy Grounds. But if you use HLC there is import tool. I am just hoping at some point in the future, there will be this feature for HLO.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old December 2nd, 2019, 12:44 PM
For joining games online games, it's usually best to find the Discord server or forum for that particular game. For instance, there is a Pathfinder Society Discord server which have dedicated channels for people looking for games and looking for players. Those are great to start with IMHO has they are typically one shot adventures designed to run in 4-5 hours.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old December 6th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Try pfschat.com for the Organized Play channel. Very friendly and will guide you through finding a game.
numbat1 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
PureSlayaz

Old January 4th, 2020, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I just got back in to gaming after a few years and needed a vtt. End up with Fantasy Grounds, but there isn't Hero Lab support for PF2. I just use Hero Lab Online for character gen, then you have to manually input that info into Fantasy Grounds. But if you use HLC there is import tool. I am just hoping at some point in the future, there will be this feature for HLO.
Have they fixed this yet? Fingers crossed
PureSlayaz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote