Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old August 6th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I love how the paying customer has been and continues to be less important than the potential customer for LWD. All of the release information should have been posted here. No, all of the release information should have been posted here already and updated regularly. It shouldn't have to come 2nd or 3rd hand from a convention that a small minority of gamers attend or have any real interest in.
AEIOU is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old August 6th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Phase 4 (my guess is our custom stuff): by March
Phase 5: ???
So, IF we're lucky (those dates have been pushed back before) i might be able to copy my own realm in march next year? If so, that makes me sad.

Oh, and i agree with AEIOU, as a working man with 2 kids, i dont have the spare time to fly from Europe to attend a conference to get future info on RW. Heck, i even dont have the time to rewrite all my campaign info to another realm so i can dm them simultaneously.
Luckily, cash is not an problem, so i will be starting to look for alternatives (as said before). March (or worse) is too far away for me. Too bad...

Had to get this off my chest.

Sorry for bad grammar (Netherlands here).
Asmo is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Folks, just to be clear, I was doing a seminar here at GenCon, and I outlined a few very basic elements of the plan - BUT NOTHING SPECIFIC. And, more importantly, if you harken back to the June update that I posted here on these very forums (and that's stickied at the top of every page), you'll find the following paragraph...

As I laid out in the late-April update, the Content Market itself will be rolled out in multiple stages. Please do not expect everything to suddenly become available in one mammoth release, since that’s not going to happen. We’ll be introducing assorted Content Market capabilities incrementally, starting with more basic things and then adding more complexity. This way, we can deploy everything in manageable chunks and ensure that everything works well in Phase #1 before progressing to Phase #2, and so on. We’ll similarly be starting with a small number of content options for purchase, then adding more over time.

So, aside from saying that we're now targeting October to start everything, there was NOTHING NEW. All I did was reiterate to everyone there what has already been communicated here, both in April and in June. And @pollution drew his own GUESSES based on that information. He even clearly stated that they were predictions in his post.

I'll accept criticism about things we've done poorly or wrong, but I take exception when we're villified for something that is utterly untrue. And this one really has no basis in fact.

Edit: The seminar was targeted to existing users only, as it focused on advanced tips & tricks, which included some info about features we've added that are being leveraged by the Content Market. All of these features have already been fully disclosed in the release notes and updates I've provided here on the forums.

Last edited by rob; August 6th, 2016 at 10:51 PM.
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old August 6th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Thanks a lot Rob for the info.

Will it be a youtube video of the seminar?
eponette is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old August 7th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed and for the clarification, Rob.

Like eponette I would like to watch a video of the seminar.

As I stated before, I can understand your approach on the content market since you have to generate revenue with the things you do.
If I remember correctly, Joe stated you focus on bringing content to users first. Therefore I assume the ability to share user created content and to copy things from one of my realms to another to appear in a later stage of the content market roll-out.

But, like Asmo and several others, I personally would prefer a greater focus on enabling us to do things. Like copying our realms and sharing them. Our creating custom calendars.
Greebo is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old August 7th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Look out Rob, the natives are getting restless...
DMG is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old August 7th, 2016, 08:52 PM
+1 hoping the GenCon vids get links posted so we can catch up...
Grey Mage is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I had every intention of recording the seminar. Unfortunately, I found out 3 minutes before the seminar started that someone else had assumed I was going to repeat last year's seminar (I wasn't) and decided that we therefore didn't need to record it. So there was no mic for recording any audio, and there was no way to fix it at that point. This communication breakdown resulted from having someone completely new filling in to coordinate everything this year in the wake of Liz's departure, so I can make sure this doesn't happen again, but it doesn't solve the problem for this year.

I'll need to figure out something. I'm wiped after an exhausting - but successful and productive - weekend. And there are a zillion things to deal with upon returning home tomorrow. So I'm not sure what the "something" will be - yet.
rob is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
But, like Asmo and several others, I personally would prefer a greater focus on enabling us to do things. Like copying our realms and sharing them. Our creating custom calendars.
If only we could. This is something that I've indicated in the previous, big updates, but that clearly isn't making sense to everyone. I provided some examples in the seminar that seemingly worked, and it appears I'll need to explain things in more detail to everyone here. That's not feasible for a little bit, since it's already 3am here in Indy, I'm on an airplane all tomorrow, and there's a huge pile of work awaiting me upon return.

As I indicated in my previous post, I'll figure something out. I'm just not exactly sure how yet...
rob is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old August 8th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
...it's already 3am here in Indy, I'm on an airplane all tomorrow, and there's a huge pile of work awaiting me upon return.

As I indicated in my previous post, I'll figure something out. I'm just not exactly sure how yet...
Rob, five years from now RW will be completed, except for occasional add ons, and everyone will be singing your praises.
ruhar is offline   #30 Reply With Quote