Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 23rd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Is there a way to change the min and max of an item through script. At the moment some of the items are added through an option with a range of 0 - 3, however on other occassions only one is available. An example of this is the psychic powers in the chaos file where individual characters take one of them, however a squad of Tzeentch Chosen can take multiple of the same power.

Ideally the script would ammend the minimum and maximum of the item so that in the above case it would be set to a max/min of one for the character but dynamic for the squad dependant on size.
harkan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Russell

Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Wouldn't you be better off using an exclusion group (you could base it on a stat, or the model count)? you can use different exclusion mechanisms (stat/fixed/model count) on each different link as required.

Just a thought,
Russell.
Russell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:29 PM
thats what I thought originally but it didn't work - most probably me messing it up, will retry

tvm
harkan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
have just retried - that works OK if selecting it from an option however doesn't seem to work if you select the item and then use the +/- buttons to ammend the count
harkan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Russell

Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
You need to put the exclusion on the item for that to work... will that help any?
Russell is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
tried both methods
harkan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:33 PM
Assigning the exclusion usage to the item ought to work perfectly, just as Russell suggested. The exclusion group limits should be properly imposed if the items tally up the proper usage.

If this isn't working for you, please outline how you're solving it and we'll see if we can spot where the misunderstanding is.

-Rob

At 10:56 PM 1/23/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
You need to put the exclusion on the item for that to work... will that help any?
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 24th, 2006, 09:38 AM
using the ork file as an example:

new unit that allows the user to select between one and three buggies using the +/- butttons top right of roster. Weapons are set up as options using the range of 0 - 3 with exclusions to control them.

The issue is coming with the vehicle equipment. Each piece of equipment is set up as an item with an option that inherits from that, i.e. orSrch is the item with orSrch as the option. The user selects the option which then adds the item to the unit. They then set the number of searchlights using the +/- buttons top right of the roster list to set the number of searchlights the unit has.

The prob is coming from if the unit only has two vehicles then the user needs to be capped at two items, I've applied an exclusion to the item - no luck, applied an exclusion to the option, no luck.

The reason I want to do it this way round is so that the unit lists the equipment it has, the items of equipment show the correct count and cost as well on the list.

Does that make it any clearer?
harkan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Everything you described below sounds exactly right. I did a quick check on my end, and this looks like it could be a bug with exclusion references on child entities being broken. I'm going to have to investigate further. Stay tuned.

-Rob

At 10:38 AM 1/24/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
using the ork file as an example:

new unit that allows the user to select between one and three buggies using the +/- butttons top right of roster. Weapons are set up as options using the range of 0 - 3 with exclusions to control them.

The issue is coming with the vehicle equipment. Each piece of equipment is set up as an item with an option that inherits from that, i.e. orSrch is the item with orSrch as the option. The user selects the option which then adds the item to the unit. They then set the number of searchlights using the +/- buttons top right of the roster list to set the number of searchlights the unit has.

The prob is coming from if the unit only has two vehicles then the user needs to be capped at two items, I've applied an exclusion to the item - no luck, applied an exclusion to the option, no luck.

Is that any clearer?
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old January 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM
have got further with this, instead opf putting 1 into the exclusion and thinking that the increment of the unit/item count would increase this, have put # instead which seems to have resolved that issue of the exclusion not catching it.

Am gonna play a bit more, set up an exclusion linked to a unit stat that is 0 - @stat and then link them together to see if that gives me the flexibility I'm after

cheers
harkan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote