Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Valdacil

Old March 10th, 2020, 02:56 PM
HL Classic had adjustments that help with some house rules such as flagging a feat as a bonus feat or adjusting the feat allowance count so you can add an additional feat beyond normal.

I cannot find a set of similar adjustments to add bonus Skill, Ancestry, General or Class feats. Specifically, I was testing a Custom Background because our group is planning to start Extinction Curse soon and the content isn't available for HLO yet. So the new Backgrounds aren't there yet. So I tried creating Aerialist (see below) as a Custom Background. Flagging the ability boosts and skill training as Background was easy because that was handled by Custom Background, but the Background also says it grants the Cat Fall skill feat. I cannot figure out how to grant that feat for free since I cannot find an adjustment to change Skill Feats Allowed.

-------
Aerialist

Experienced with trapezes, aerial silks, and hoops, your skill is in performing death-defying stunts high above the ground. The Celestial Menagerie skimped on safety devices such as nets and quality ropes, so you also learned to take a fall better than most. After a harrowing near-death experience involving a cracked trapeze bar, you decided to take your expertise elsewhere.

Choose two ability boosts. One must be to Dexterity or Charisma, and one is a free ability boost.

You’re trained in the Acrobatics skill and the Rope Lore skill. You gain the Cat Fall skill feat.
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2020, 03:06 PM
I just tested adding a Custom Background, and a "Background Skill" table appears on the Background tab once I add it. Cat Fall is an option to add there. I just checked, and I can enter everything in that Aerialist background once I start with Custom Background, with no adjustments required.

Improving the adjustments list is on our to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 10th, 2020, 08:05 PM
Ah, I missed the Background Feat section that was added when I added Custom Background. I see it now. However, the ability to add a Bonus Feat adjustment still a valid one. Looking forward to that when you get to it on the to-do list.
Valdacil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old March 11th, 2020, 01:35 AM
It used to be on the adjustments in Playtest, I don't know what happened to it. It is still there in SF
magpi is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately it looks like we've forgotten to add an adjustment for the number of feats a character can get. I'm adding that to our to-do list right now.
Hollis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:29 AM
@Hollis Please, this is absolutely the most needed feature (in my opinion) that can be implemented quickly. While custom content like armor/weapons being able to used across characters would be great, I think adding back in the "No Minimum" and "No maximum" for selection tables would be phenomenal and achievable!
magpi is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi View Post
@Hollis Please, this is absolutely the most needed feature (in my opinion) that can be implemented quickly. While custom content like armor/weapons being able to used across characters would be great, I think adding back in the "No Minimum" and "No maximum" for selection tables would be phenomenal and achievable!
You do know you can add as many feats as you want to a character right? HLO does not stop you from over adding feats it just gives a warning message about it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old March 20th, 2020, 08:01 PM
@Shadow, absolutely! I just like being able to add house rules like extra feats without validation errors. Given how I've seen others post about it, I don't think I'm alone. Also, your community stuff for 1E was amazing!
magpi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:56 PM
Quote:
@Shadow, absolutely! I just like being able to add house rules like extra feats without validation errors. Given how I've seen others post about it, I don't think I'm alone. Also, your community stuff for 1E was amazing!
Just wanted to make sure... Thanks for the kind words.. Hopefully someday I will be able to create a Community Pack for PF2...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ahermon

Old March 29th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Was this ever added?
ahermon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote