Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

direinsomniac

Old February 2nd, 2019, 09:15 PM
I've been away from coding HL for a few years, and now some of the normal syntax I would use don't seem to be working like they used to.

I am trying to have a subtype get a Slam attack that scales up or down based on the size of the base creature.

I've tried
Code:
perform hero.child[wSlam].field[wDamage].value += 1
and HL doesn't like the perform tag anymore.
Code:
Syntax error in 'bootstrap #1 condition' tag expression for Thing 'stMyFile' 
-> Invalid tag template specified: 'perform'
I have the wSlam ability bootstrapped with Tags:
Helper = NatPrimary
wMain = 1d6

I'd appreciate a bit of clarification on how the scripting/syntax may have changed.
direinsomniac is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 3rd, 2019, 06:42 AM
You don't use "perform" to modify field values. That's mostly for doing tag-related stuff in a script, or for setting/clearing focus.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old February 3rd, 2019, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
You don't use "perform" to modify field values. That's mostly for doing tag-related stuff in a script, or for setting/clearing focus.
The only examples of could find when trying to get this written conform to the same syntax I used, but they were also from about 4 years ago.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49225

I am trying to write a script within the "Conditions" section of the bootstrapped wSlam ability. If perform no longer works for this, then what does?
direinsomniac is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2019, 08:06 AM
"Condition" is the conditions under which that item exists (when the bootstrap is live), not a place where you can run scripts that affect other things.

Doesn't the attack scale by default? I'm pretty sure that's how we set up natural attacks to work, so that things like enlarge person work correctly.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old February 3rd, 2019, 09:14 AM
Awesome I am seeing that if the creature adjusts sizing via the "size category" adjustment the damage does scale pretty much as I was intending.

@Mathias
One issue I did come across that's related, is in the "Race Builder", in the portfolio itself when you change size there, the natural attacks damage die don't scale, only the extra damage due to the size change.

For instance:
Code:
Medium Creature with Slam (10 in all attributes) = +0 1d6
Adjust to large in the drop-down = +0 1d6+1
Adjust to small in the drop-down = +1 1d6
direinsomniac is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2019, 02:12 PM
The race builder is designed to have the user pick a size first, and then pick the damage for the weapons - it was not designed to auto-size them, and I don't think it should auto-size them, because there are some damage dice combinations that lie between rows on the damage dice tables. HL knows how to take one of those values, and if the creature were reduced, move it down to the next step, but then if the creature got improved natural weapons, the +1 step from that would cancel out the -1 step from reduce person/monster/whatever, but the final damage result wouldn't be what was entered - it would be a value that was a real table row. So if we're auto-sizing those damages, that would end up meaning that in some cases, users couldn't enter damage dice combinations that were between rows on the table.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote