Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Jason_Sunday

Old August 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
The flaw unreliable should have the option for Uses and Roll. It doesn't.
Jason_Sunday is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
The flaw unreliable should have the option for Uses and Roll. It doesn't.
That's somewhat legacy from 2E, although it would be nice to fix that in this fresh start.
Duggan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old August 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.
I've been dealing with this by using -multiple effects- and buying the (Damage) Strength Bonus and tacking "Increased Range" onto that, which is what you need to do if buying up other Strength-based effects, like Piercing.
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 5th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Also the Advantage Favored Opponent needs to be done so that one can wright in the Opponent that the Advantage apples to.
Apparently the "Needs Domain" checkbox is not checked. If you do so, it works.

Quote:
When choosing two Ultimate Efforts (this may do this with other type box Advantages too) in a row, then trying to type in one of the boxes, the curser moves to which ever box is currently 1st in alphabetical order. Example: Ultimate Efforts is at 1st labeled "Ultimate Efforts: Choose Action". In the box I start to write Ultimate Aim, when I type the "U" the box I am in drops down one the bottom box moves up and begins typing in the second box and I get Ultimate Efforts: ltimateChoose Action"
I'm seeing the same thing, although it's only when I pause typing that it switches. Something like this happened in 2E except that it kept focus as it realphabetized the feats.

Quote:
Immunity Damage Effects will not let you choose or write in a damage effect. There is no type box or drop box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
Movement -Environmental Adaption shows text stating Choose Environment instead of allowing text to be entered
Indeed. This seems to epidemic with all Power Options that are supposed to allow for Custom Text.

Quote:
Adding the alarm feature seems to have the side effect of bumping up Flight by 1 point on vehicles
Haven't been able to replicate this one yet, either with preconstructed or with custom vehicles.

Quote:
I created a power using Linked Effects (a Close Damage and Close Mental Blast power) and named it "FireBlade". Then tried to select the FireBlade for my Improved Critical choice. Hero Lab would only let me select from the effects of that power (Damage and Mental Blast). Per Linked p 130 Linked effects act as one power and use the same attack roll.
I don't think this one's in error... for linked powers, you must buy up all Extras and Flaws for each power. Improved Critical only applies to one power, so for both of them to benefit from the Improved Critical, you'd have to buy it for each of them. Also, those are both Damage powers. In general, you can't link powers of the same base type, so you've got some more fundamental problems.
Duggan is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old August 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
When using the Enhanced Traits power to improve skills, it's using the 4 skill points per power point from 2e rather than the 2 skill points per power point of 3e. Normal skills calculate correctly.
d20Maverick is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Jason_Sunday

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:06 AM
When I try to import a stock hero, I get an error message that says "No stock portfolio exists for this game system"
Jason_Sunday is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old August 6th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but:

On the "Output Active Hero Summary", there is no listing for Offense, which seems like an oversight (since it was in 2e and is in a prominent location on the standard print output sheet).

Last edited by d20Maverick; August 6th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Subscribed to thread
d20Maverick is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old August 6th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
When I try to import a stock hero, I get an error message that says "No stock portfolio exists for this game system"
There are no stock heroes in the 3e set. All the Archetypes are in Open Hero-> Portfolios-> mutants3
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Jason_Sunday

Old August 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
There are no stock heroes in the 3e set. All the Archetypes are in Open Hero-> Portfolios-> mutants3
I thought the Archetypes were the Stock Heroes.
Jason_Sunday is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
I thought the Archetypes were the Stock Heroes.
well, yes, they should be....
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote