Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Setting up the race so that the slam attacks are only present when the monster is corporeal means that when the Corporeal Form ability is not active, the slam attack isn't included in the stat block; and conversely, when the ability is active, the incorporeal touch is left out. So, the monster works great within the program, but isn't complete when printed out for use elsewhere. I'd almost rather just have the slam attacks always show up, but always use the character's Charisma bonus as the damage bonus on the attack. Other than that, this ended up working perfectly.
I guess my thought here would be the same for a Barbarian or a character with Rage. I would simply print the statblock twice, once while raging and once while not-raging. So just print the statblock twice. Otherwise your at extra coding special to support "paper" which no other ability or race in HL does.

Of course the bigger issue is why even put the monster in HL if you are not going to use HL during the game? Cause you could just print the statblock already from the Paizo PDF. So confused on why code and "script" the abilities to work if not going to use HL during the game?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 12th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks.

I'll try that setup.

One thing I should point out, though, is that, while the Ghost Touch Weapon Item power is only supposed to be used on magic weapons, applying it to any other item allows an incorporeal creature to use it without triggering a validation error. Frumple's Adjustments from the Community GM Pack showed me that, and it actually works. Using my script, when the amulet is not equipped an item like a headband has a validation error, but when you equip it, the error goes away. I can still use the BaseWep approach for how the amulet functions if the character is corporeal.

As for the subtype, what you're looking for would be

Code:
doneif (#hassubtype[stIncorpor] = 1)
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I guess my thought here would be the same for a Barbarian or a character with Rage. I would simply print the statblock twice, once while raging and once while not-raging. So just print the statblock twice. Otherwise your at extra coding special to support "paper" which no other ability or race in HL does.

Of course the bigger issue is why even put the monster in HL if you are not going to use HL during the game? Cause you could just print the statblock already from the Paizo PDF. So confused on why code and "script" the abilities to work if not going to use HL during the game?
The answer to this one is that the friend I did this for wants to use the monster in a game for characters of a much higher level. Having the monster in Hero Lab allows him to apply all sorts of nasty feats, class levels, and equipment to boost the save DC for that bewitching gaze ability from a lowly 20 to a much higher, more impactful number.

The fact that I want the script/code to do all this stuff is my OCD-like need to make it "work right." And besides...I may decide to use it at some point and I do use HL when I GM.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 12th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Thanks.

I'll try that setup.

One thing I should point out, though, is that, while the Ghost Touch Weapon Item power is only supposed to be used on magic weapons, applying it to any other item allows an incorporeal creature to use it without triggering a validation error. Frumple's Adjustments from the Community GM Pack showed me that, and it actually works. Using my script, when the amulet is not equipped an item like a headband has a validation error, but when you equip it, the error goes away. I can still use the BaseWep approach for how the amulet functions if the character is corporeal.

As for the subtype, what you're looking for would be

Code:
Yep you are correct Sir! I just figured that out as I was playing in HL. If this is the Amulet of Grasping Souls I went a different way with the weight. I actually set the Encumbrance Strength to be the "Cha" score so that it is correct to the Text.

Pre-Attributes/10000
Code:
      ~ If not equipped get out now!
      doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
      ~ Only process if we are incorporeal
      doneif (#hassubtype[stIncorpor] = 0)

~ Set our Encubrance Strength to be our Charisma
      herofield[tEncumSTR].value += 10 + hero.child[aCHA].field[aStartMod].value

~ Find all gear items and give the Ghost Touch ability
      ~ so that these items can be worn without errors.
      foreach pick in hero from MyGear
        perform eachpick.assign[Ability.iGhostTch]
      nexteach
I am still working on the the part for Corporeal creatures weapon gizmos are being a pain...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 12th, 2015, 07:44 PM
So the second part of the amulet is if you are corporeal then all your weapons become ghost touch. This script will do that:

Render/9999999
Code:
      ~ Only process if we are corporeal

~ Find all weapons and give the Ghost Touch ability
      foreach pick in hero from BaseWep
        perform eachpick.assign[HasAbility.iGhostTch]

~ If custom/magic weapon then build full name including other
        ~ abilities.
        if (eachpick.isgizmo = 1) then
          eachpick.field[livename].text = signed(eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[Ability.?," "]) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[IsWeapon.?])
        ~.. not a custom/magic weapon so just add ghost touch
        else
          eachpick.field[livename].text = lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[Ability.?," "]) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.field[name].text)
        endif

nexteach

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 12th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Yep you are correct Sir! I just figured that out as I was playing in HL. If this is the Amulet of Grasping Souls I went a different way with the weight. I actually set the Encumbrance Strength to be the "Cha" score so that it is correct to the Text.

Pre-Attributes/10000
Code:
      doneif (#hassubtype[stIncorpor] = 0)

herofield[tEncumSTR].value += 10 + hero.child[aCHA].field[aStartMod].value

nexteach
I am still working on the the part for Corporeal creatures weapon gizmos are being a pain...
Wow. I can't believe I missed that line. Setting the encumberance to key off of Charisma makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, there's something really weird going on. When I use your script and engage the corporeal form ability, the character's encumberance limit goes WAY up, as though the character's Strength and Charisma are being added together to calculate encumbrance. Additionally, using only the aStartMod tag means that if an incorporeal creature that owns both an amulet of grasping souls and a headband of alluring charisma won't be able to benefit from the increased Charisma bonus. Similarly, other sources of increased Charisma won't be factored in, either.

I think there is also a problem with the #hasability or #hassubtype macros. They don't appear to be working.

Is it possible that these scripts are being executed too early? I'm not sure when the subtype and incorporeal abilities show up, but the scripts seem to be applying the changes whether the creature is corporeal or not.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 12th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Wow. I can't believe I missed that line. Setting the encumberance to key off of Charisma makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, there's something really weird going on. When I use your script and engage the corporeal form ability, the character's encumberance limit goes WAY up, as though the character's Strength and Charisma are being added together to calculate encumbrance. Additionally, using only the aStartMod tag means that if an incorporeal creature that owns both an amulet of grasping souls and a headband of alluring charisma won't be able to benefit from the increased Charisma bonus. Similarly, other sources of increased Charisma won't be factored in, either.
Yea problem is you have to set the Encumbrance value before attributes are calculated.

Quote:
I think there is also a problem with the #hasability or #hassubtype macros. They don't appear to be working.

Is it possible that these scripts are being executed too early? I'm not sure when the subtype and incorporeal abilities show up, but the scripts seem to be applying the changes whether the creature is corporeal or not.
I am not seeing this. The scripts give encumbrance to incorporeal creatures and ghost touch to corporeal. I can't duplicate this issue. Usually #has macros should only be used late but seems to be working fine. You could switch to checking the Ability.? tags instead they apply much earlier.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 12th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Yea problem is you have to set the Encumbrance value before attributes are calculated.
So I take this back. We have a very small window to set the Encumbrance value to be equal to the just calculated Cha value.

Here are all three scripts:
Code:
    <eval phase="PostLevel" priority="10050" index="1"><![CDATA[      
      doneif (hero.tagis[Ability.raIncorpor] = 0)

~ Remove the Ingore Encubrance tag that incorporeal applies
      perform hero.delete[Hero.IgnoreEnc]

nexteach
      ]]></eval>

<eval phase="PostAttr" priority="1" index="2"><![CDATA[
      doneif (hero.tagis[Ability.raIncorpor] = 0)

herofield[tEncumSTR].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aFinalVal].value
      ]]></eval>

<eval phase="Render" priority="9999999" index="3"><![CDATA[
      ~ Only process if we are corporeal
      doneif (hero.tagis[Ability.raIncorpor] = 1)

~ Find all weapons and give the Ghost Touch ability
      foreach pick in hero from BaseWep
        perform eachpick.assign[HasAbility.iGhostTch]

~ If custom/magic weapon then build full name including other
        ~ abilities.
        if (eachpick.isgizmo = 1) then
          eachpick.field[livename].text = signed(eachpick.field[BonEnhance].value) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[Ability.?," "]) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[IsWeapon.?])
        ~.. not a custom/magic weapon so just add ghost touch
        else
          eachpick.field[livename].text = lowercase(eachpick.tagnames[Ability.?," "]) & " " & lowercase(eachpick.field[name].text)
        endif

nexteach
      ]]></eval>

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Have you had a chance to use these, yet, Shadow?

The changes to Strength for encumbrance aren't having any effect. I can see in the fields window that the strength is set to the proper score, but the actual weights for the different encumbrance values are all set to 0. There must be some other effect from the Incorporeal subtype that affects those values.

I'm also seeing a problem with the Corporeal Form ability. I can get the ability to modify the strength score based on the final Charisma score (after spells, items, etc., have been applied, but that score isn't being used to do any real calculations. I can see that the Base Melee attack bonus changes, but that isn't applied to any of the weapons, like the slam attacks.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 14th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Have you had a chance to use these, yet, Shadow?
Use these? No. I have tested them some while building. But I have a few minutes here and there to work on this. So its been very quick tests.

Quote:
The changes to Strength for encumbrance aren't having any effect. I can see in the fields window that the strength is set to the proper score, but the actual weights for the different encumbrance values are all set to 0. There must be some other effect from the Incorporeal subtype that affects those values.
I am not seeing this. Here is a screen shot with the Ephemeral Echo wearing the amulet. The Encumbrance values appear correct as its 3lbs in gold and I added a dagger and it increased to 4lbs of gear:
Image3.jpg

Quote:
I'm also seeing a problem with the Corporeal Form ability. I can get the ability to modify the strength score based on the final Charisma score (after spells, items, etc., have been applied, but that score isn't being used to do any real calculations. I can see that the Base Melee attack bonus changes, but that isn't applied to any of the weapons, like the slam attacks.
Again can't duplicate this. I activated Corporeal Form and added Bull Strength spell adjustment. That brings Str to 26 showing +8. Here you can see the Slam attacks and dagger all appear to have the correct values:
Image4.jpg

Shrug attached are the latest files I am working with.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aCOM_GMPack_ModulePaizo - Tears at Bitter Manor.zip (6.9 KB, 0 views)

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 14th, 2015 at 10:59 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote