Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paris.Crenshaw

Old June 1st, 2014, 01:44 PM
Is there any way you can make it possible to use the editor to create new content for the Beginner Box ruleset? I'm not sure if this is a legal limitation or a technical one, but I would like to be able to add new material to these rules.

As the Assistant Editor-in-Chief for Wayfinder magazine, I can say with certainty that there are people who are producing material under Paizo's Community Use Policy that support the Beginner Box rules. Both Wayfinder #9 and #10 have adventure scenarios that rely on the Beginner Box rules and they both introduce new monsters and spells compatible with those rules. I'd love to be able to use them in Hero Lab.

Is that possible or is it a bridge too far?
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Hi there,

We currently don't make the editor available for the beginner box because it isn't supported by Hero Lab Starter Edition - any content added would only be available in the full version of Hero Lab.

Rather than enabling the editor for the beginner box, I'd recommend the content be entered for the full version of Pathfinder instead - I believe you should be able to GM for the beginner box with the full version of Pathfinder, as long as you skip the particular bits that the beginner box doesn't use.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Colen.

One thing I did want to make clear is that I'm using the Beginner Box Ruleset available from within the full version of Hero Lab. The latest updates added the encounter builder functionality to the simplified ruleset, so I thought maybe it would be possible to allow us to add content to the Beginner Box stuff, too.

I will go ahead and use the Core Rules set. I was just hoping to be able to keep the converted material in one place.

Cheers!
Paris
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote