Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hyperlance

Old October 10th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'm trying out a new character concept, of a druid who rides a giant mantis. I added a level of barbarian with the mounted fury archetype after 7 levels of druid, and I get a validation error; Mantis, Giant: The companion type is not allowed Cavaliers. Allowed for Druids, Vermin Companion.

Am i missing something as to why this is not allowed?

Thanks.
Hyperlance is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2015, 09:26 AM
If you have more than one class that grants you an animal companion/mount, you'll only get one companion, so in order for the effective druid levels of the two classes to stack, you need to pick a companion that's a legal choice for both of your classes, not just one of them, and the Mantis is only a legal choice for your druid, not your mounted fury (who uses the Cavalier list).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hyperlance

Old October 12th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Thanks Mathias. Can you quote me the reference that mounted fury uses the cavalier list please.
Hyperlance is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 12th, 2015, 01:16 AM
Well, "Bestial Mount" only allows you to pick either Camel or Horse (which are the same choices allowed with the Cavalier's "Mount" ability).
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old October 12th, 2015, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlance View Post
Thanks Mathias. Can you quote me the reference that mounted fury uses the cavalier list please.
Mounted fury archetype

At 5th level, the mounted fury gains the service of a feral mount. This ability functions as a druid’s animal companion, using the barbarian’s level –4 as her effective druid level. This companion must be one that she is capable of riding and is suitable as a mount. A Medium barbarian can select a camel or a horse. A Small barbarian can select a pony or a wolf, but can also select a boar or a dog if she is at least 8th level. Whenever a barbarian is raging while mounted on her bestial mount, the mount gains a +2 morale bonus to its Strength.
Togainu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote