Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

jman5000

Old November 9th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Hey All. 2 other quick formatting type questions.

1) is there a spell checker?

2) is there any way to mix within a "Text" or other snippet type both an image and words?

a bit more explanation. in a lot of recent games - especially ones that use custom dice - thinking FFG Genesys, you have a graphic image representing a dice face or symbol that can then be used as part of the description.

I've attached an example - hopefully I did this right.

question: is there anyway to add "images" or "graphics" to a text snippet to reference symbols, dice faces, special features or other rules or objects that the games have graphically short handed?

Cheers.

J.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example snip.JPG (10.3 KB, 12 views)
jman5000 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 9th, 2018, 07:45 AM
No and No.

For spell checking, you could type your text into a different program first or use programs that will spell check arbitrary text for you.

For the FFG Star Wars game people have been using a font with the special die symbols in it. I expect someone will probably create something similar for Genesys if it hasn't been done already.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 9th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Someone suggested a package called tiny spell that is supposed to work. I haven't tried it yet.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 9th, 2018, 03:15 PM
tinyspell works great. I've used it for years. It is likely far more full featured than anything LWD would add into RW.

For the special die symbols if there is a font with those symbols if it is a windows font then you should be able to get the font and install it on your computer(s). After that you'll be able to use it in RW without a problem.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote