Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

The Numerator

Old August 12th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Did a quick search and didn't see this...

I use a projector (2nd screen, hdmi output) and player preview, and use it for maps and showing simple pictures taken from the AP I'm running. However, occasionally the top left 2/3rds of the player preview screen is cut off and showing just white, almost as though there is a white box on the top layer blocking whatever pictures I try to reveal.

If I move the pictures to the right, or down, the portion that moves from "behind" the area shows up, with a clear line once it hits the blocked area. I've confirmed no other objects are in player view, and also tried bringing the picture I'm trying to show to the top layer, to no avail.

I toggle between RW and Mote, and Mote does not have the blocked white area, so it is definitely something in RW itself. I've tried re-connecting the projector, closing and re-opening Player View, clearning everything and then re-opening, all to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this short of a re-boot mid-game?

It doesn't happen all the time... only about 2 sessions in the last 8 or so.
The Numerator is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 12th, 2016, 07:58 AM
ignore my previous text, I answered the wrong question

Last edited by Farling; August 12th, 2016 at 08:01 AM.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old August 12th, 2016, 08:18 AM
i have a similar thing happen when Windows throws up the "not a real version of windows" warning (i do have legitimate copy but use in emulation on my mac via parallels and this is a side-effect).

I get around it by disconnecting the second monitor, canceling the windows warning then reconnecting my monitor.
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2016, 08:57 AM
@The Numerator

Any chance you could get a screenshot of this happening?
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
The Numerator

Old August 12th, 2016, 08:35 PM
The projector is at my friend's house, but I'll be there on Saturday, so I'll see if I can force it to happen.
The Numerator is offline   #5 Reply With Quote