Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kbs666

Old November 30th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
This isn't about competing or replacing your effort. This is simply an improvement over what we have. You are the only one who can edit your list. You have no way currently of representing out of that list what is the priority for the community. Why not combine with this functionality?

People can add their own wish list
People can vote on whats more important to them
The devs get more data to help them understand the community desires
No one needs to count the +1s

This is literally just a better way of capturing more useful data in a way that requires less effort.
And there's no way of combining identical features. Or separating out ridiculous ones, rewriting the entire program for no good reason, still #1.

There's a reason why having a collated list by someone who knows the program is superior. I could have done something like that but rejected it for obvious reasons.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 30th, 2018, 01:25 PM
There is actually. Happy to give you moderator access if you want to help with that.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 30th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Nope. Already put my effort in.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 3rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Love your list, but it doesn't give a good representation of what people are actually interested in seeing prioritised. Not without trawling through the comments. This clearly shows as of right now that people want Custom Calendars for example. Shock horror.
But we, the People, do want Custom Calendars...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 4th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Thanks daplunk, I've long wanted LWD to have a modern feature request management system. This at least allows vote tracking. If LWD used this or a similar tool, then they could also indicate which were being looked at, actively being worked on, etc.

Forums, whether here or Facebook just are not as effective.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 4th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Hmm, one think this system does not have that other similar tools have, which I find to be useful is that you are given a limited number of votes. Say 5. You can allocate all 5 to one request or vote one time for five requests. It helps indicate which features users care the most strongly about because they have limited votes and even within that limit, they can weight some features more heavily than other.

Seems like requiring a login would be helpful, but that's debatable. Some people may be turned away if they have to spend even one minute to create an account to vote. But that would also mean those who did, do care more.

EDIT

Yeah, not have a vote limit greatly decreases the value of a feature-voting site. I mean, I'll probably vote for nearly every items as something I would want. It doesn't at all capture that there are only a small number of features that I care passionately about and which I would consider switching to another product if it was comparable but had those features. Just not as useful to see most of the features have roughly the same number of votes.

If there is any way to configure this to have a vote limit and to let you spend multiple votes on one feature, I highly recommend enabling it.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; December 4th, 2018 at 10:31 PM.
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 5th, 2018, 12:44 AM
I think it's a time limit not a hard limit. It stops you from throwing a vote for absolutely everything but doesn't stop you from coming back tomorrow and voting on some more. Makes it more meaningful IMO. Means people focus on the things that truly matter. I'll check the config out though. Seems like a pretty good website.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 5th, 2018, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Thanks daplunk, I've long wanted LWD to have a modern feature request management system. This at least allows vote tracking. If LWD used this or a similar tool, then they could also indicate which were being looked at, actively being worked on, etc.

Forums, whether here or Facebook just are not as effective.
It's such a simple thing that was lacking. Hopefully LWD take some form of value from it.

@LWD: It does have functionality to update things to show that they are In Progress or to mark things as not possible. So if are you interested in providing that level of value to this let me know. Figure the more we do as a community though the more time you have to code.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 8th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Calendar Crew... you just lost the lead! Panic! Unite! Defeat the other ideas!

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 9th, 2018, 09:09 AM
@LWD, this thread could use a sticky too
ErinRigh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote