Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

MightyThor

Old May 26th, 2020, 11:27 AM
So planned on buying Hero Labs after trying the demo, but when I went to checkout you don't accept AmEx nor PayPal, I don't give out my credit card like candy and having it on new random sites is just not something I do. I might have considered it here but you also don't accept AmEx.

I know this is a decision you guys made, just letting you know I canceled my $70 order and won't be moving my campaign to it or my friends (and probably more Pathfinder 2e purchases in the future). Too bad, excellent software but customer unfriendly policies might save money on some transactions just keep in mind they also lose you transactions as well.

Ohh well, guess I will switch back to my original plan of buying the content in FG and just using their inferior character creation.
MightyThor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2020, 01:50 PM
Hail Might Thor!

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, those are not options we are able to provide. However, we do accept prepaid visa or master cards and those who prefer not to use their personal credit cards have had good luck with these.

Happy gaming wherever you game!
BJ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 2nd, 2020, 12:31 AM
Most sites are supporting paypal now, so I don't see why the new "modern" web site won't allow it.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 2nd, 2020, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Most sites are supporting paypal now, so I don't see why the new "modern" web site won't allow it.
Unless their payment processor supports it they'd have to code PayPal support separately. This would include adding support in their accounting software as well.

It's possible, but yet another thing to add to the feature pile.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old June 2nd, 2020, 06:12 PM
FWIW some credit cards let you generate virtual one time use credit card numbers for those who feel it necessary. But a prepaid card does seem easy enough to do.

But i would not call this site new or random. They have been in business for probably 20 years now.

(Still have my Army Builder license!)

Personally i would not mind seeing Google Pay as an option.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:39 PM
When in doubt, assume that any limitation in payment types for any given company comes down to margins. AmEx and PayPal both charges a noticeably higher rates (base minimum fees plus percentages) for all payment processing than the Visa and Mastercard networks, and that can add up very fast when you're looking at small monthly payments.
Roadie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old June 4th, 2020, 07:08 AM
AmEx especially is notorious for it's surcharges as a lot of businesses have dropped it as a form of payment, in particular at the beginning of the decade (around 2000) when those charges seen a bigger rise than the main two, and Discover had it's own program that had the retailer in mind.

Paypal, though, is Paypal. It has it's own issues.
thaX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valentius

Old June 25th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Do you guys take VISA debit cards because I keep getting an error telling me that the address I am providing on the website does not match my card. I've checked with my bank and they do match so I am unsure how to resolve this.

I suppose it's back to pen and paper for me.
Valentius is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2020, 10:32 AM
So sorry you're struggling with our payment system! I know we take Visa cards. Please email support@wolflair.com and we'll see if we can help.
BJ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote