Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

Fionavar

Old January 12th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Update: It seems that my entire install has become corrupted. I have uninstalled and will try to reinstall and then use the new files. As of this point, none of the new files show up (nor after rolling back do the old ones) in the Configure Character and - most importantly for me - the older modules such as Mask of the Living God. Most concerning as I really do not want to corrupt my POR file for my campaign!

Update #2: Can you confirm that with this update, what should I actually be installing, as there are now multiple options and I do not want to corrupt the clean install. I have the PSB 3.3/PCP 3.1/3pp 1.0 on top of all of the Deprecated and the d20 options available. Any direction remains most gratefully received.

Update #3. Okay to confirm, the new files do not in fact cover everything that is in the Community Bestiary, i.e. the older modules such as Mask of the Living God. If this is correct - then - I assume I should stick with the Community Package until everything has transferred to the new format?

Last edited by Fionavar; January 12th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
Fionavar is offline   #31
Kliqueman

Old January 12th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You "MUST" have the latest HL version 6.1e or later to run the community packs. It WILL not load with the older versions anymore.

Sorry I assumed everyone would have updated by now.... If not you can get the latest and greatest v6.1f from THIS post.

I assumed (of course we know what happens when we do that) that everyone would have updated to the latest version.
As of last night, the latest version of Hero Lab from the auto-updater was 6.1a, and as of right now, its updating to 6.1f, so that could have been my issue. Cheers!

Edit:

I updated to version 6.1f but I am still having issues.

Basically it keeps telling me that I need to update these files, even though I've already imported them once. Another thing is that the files appear to only be 1.7m each, with the exception of the campaign file which is 2.9m. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or the updates themselves are corrupted somehow?

Last edited by Kliqueman; January 12th, 2015 at 09:33 AM.
Kliqueman is offline   #32
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
@Fionavar any "corruption" should be over all easy to fix. You should not need to do a total install of HL. You must be getting some type of "error" on pathfinder start. You can "right" click and copy and past the errors here for me to help with.

The "Community Bestiary" and Community Player Pack are not done yet so you should keep that installed if you are running the modules. The only part of the CB that should be changed by the new installs is my "old" adjustments will get changed over to the new "Basic Player" versions.

To do a "fresh" install on Windows (idea is similar on Mac) is go to your "c:\programData\HeroLab\data\Pathfinder" folder and rename it to "pathfinder_old". Then go to the "c:\programData\HeroLab\download\pathfinder.hl " file and run this to start a fresh install of the Pathfinder Game system. After it installs download the Community Bestiary "first" and then install any of the "new" packs you wish.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #33
ShadowChemosh

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliqueman View Post
As of last night, the latest version of Hero Lab from the auto-updater was 6.1a, and as of right now, its updating to 6.1f, so that could have been my issue. Cheers!
Ug did LW roll back the version in updates. I am so sorry I didn't check for that. Sigh....

Quote:
I updated to version 6.1f but I am still having issues.

Basically it keeps telling me that I need to update these files, even though I've already imported them once. Another thing is that the files appear to only be 1.7m each, with the exception of the campaign file which is 2.9m. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or the updates themselves are corrupted somehow?
Its not 'corrupted' looks like my one idea is not working out as well as I thought.

So I deprecated the old packages by setting the version to the next number and have HL download the "3PP Pack". This way if you only had say the "Path of War" you would get the latest pack. I forgot that HL would keep telling people to install the new version because it never changed the version it thought was loaded.

So bottom line. If you installed any of the old "Deprecated" 3PP community stuff you are good to go for the future. I guess for a little bit ignore any of the messages about the Deprecated packages. They will be gone shortly and then HL will only tell you when the 3PP Pack updates.

Go ahead and update the Campaign Pack and then it should NOT tell you anymore to update. If the Campaign Pack keeps telling you to update it is an error I will need to fix.

Sorry all...

Let me see what I can think of to fix this. But I want/need to make sure anyone with any of the "old" community packages gets converted over to the new 3PP Pack. hmmmm...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 12th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #34
Fionavar

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:07 AM
thanks - I have now reinstalled everything and everything seems well - though I keep getting a request to update the Campaign Pack to 3.1. So I have the Community Pack and all of the new new files installed without error. I am not sure what happened - seems I lost some of my User custom stuff, but that can be fixed. Thanks so much for your commitment to this - is there a way someone can thank you, i.e. PayPal or such for your energy? As well, do you know if anyone is or has completed an add-on of Frog Game, i.e. Slumbering Tsar?
Fionavar is offline   #35
ShadowChemosh

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:10 AM
HL Continues to tell me to update old/deprecated packages?

If you are still getting an Update Notice for a old deprecated community package (Ultimate Psionics, SGG, Path of War) you need to do a small step to make it stop. Start HL and Pathfinder and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and find the old package and "delete it". The files are already converted over to the new pack so you will NOT lose anything. HL will then stop telling you about the update.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #36
ShadowChemosh

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionavar View Post
thanks - I have now reinstalled everything and everything seems well - though I keep getting a request to update the Campaign Pack to 3.1.
Ok I must have fudged a "version" number in the XML last night. I can fix this when I get home tonight. So best bet is on Tuesday or after do one more update to the Campaign Pack and it will no longer tell you to update. My bad...

Quote:
So I have the Community Pack and all of the new new files installed without error. I am not sure what happened - seems I lost some of my User custom stuff, but that can be fixed. Thanks so much for your commitment to this - is there a way someone can thank you, i.e. PayPal or such for your energy?
Thank you very much. The fact of you offering is payment enough really. Also everyone being patient during this is welcome! But I would prefer to keep "money" out of things.

Quote:
As well, do you know if anyone is or has completed an add-on of Frog Game, i.e. Slumbering Tsar?
This sounds very familiar to me but I don't recall off the top of my head. I can check with someone though and find out.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37
Kliqueman

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Thank you very much. The fact of you offering is payment enough really. Also everyone being patient during this is welcome! But I would prefer to keep "money" out of things.
Blackjack and hookers?
Kliqueman is offline   #38
ShadowChemosh

Old January 12th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Blackjack and hookers?
Well now! That is a much "better" form of payment!

As long as we can keep my fiancee in the dark I am good with that. Except maybe instead of blackjack some good blue meth instead!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #39
nullPointer

Old January 12th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Quote:
As long as we can keep my fiancee in the dark I am good with that. Except maybe instead of blackjack some good blue meth instead!
So what you're saying is, your fiancee is OK with a husband that spends all his money on highly addictive drugs and other women, but a card game is against the rules?

#firstworldproblems
nullPointer is offline   #40
Closed Thread