Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
You're welcome. As for the release date, that's up to Shadow. I believe his last projected date was "soon", so hopefully that means in the next few weeks. I believe he was having computer problems as well which could delay things.
Hopefully those are normal & easily fixable computer problems. Not problems due to something hitching a ride on the 'd20 stuff' file I sent to him!

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Hopefully those are normal & easily fixable computer problems. Not problems due to something hitching a ride on the 'd20 stuff' file I sent to him!

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
LOL no it was that virus called "Vista"!

I had to redo my work laptop from Vista to Win7 and then reload all my development tools and do all the windows updates. So that is done and I am starting to catch up on my 2nd client's work over the last two weekends.

So if things go good this weekend I may finally be back on schedule. Which means d20 1.7 will be my first HL project I will be working on again. So *hopefully* a few weeks is right.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hey, thanks for the info Sendric....and you are correct, I was mistakenly trying to put it within the eval script...I corrected that but when I put it into the eval rule, it gives me the statement that the specified thing is already in use and must be removed...

Ok, so I remove the familiar toad and it still states the same error, so not sure if it is trying to make me remove ALL of anything with the type Animal...if that's the case, I will live with the annoying validation message and wait for the fix....I DM a game with a party of eight, all with personal mounts, one with a familiar and one with an animal companion. Not about to remove all of that, just to have to add it all again, just to get rid of a validation error.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it to me.

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordValerius View Post
Hey, thanks for the info Sendric....and you are correct, I was mistakenly trying to put it within the eval script...I corrected that but when I put it into the eval rule, it gives me the statement that the specified thing is already in use and must be removed...
That's not an error I'm familiar with. If you felt like pursuing it, I would try starting fresh. Make sure the file is as it was originally and that there are no errors with it like that. Then, if that's ok, try adding the validif statements in.
Sendric is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
paladin2019

Old April 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'm getting several skills from d20Modern or Spycraft showing up alongside the normal skills. This happened after I downloaded cheeseweasel's files. Is this skill list in these files and how do I turn it off?

Hatred and Tyranny domains are not calling up domain spells.
paladin2019 is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Major bug in the files with regard to Flying. I've noticed that you changed xFly by replacing it with xFly2, so that you can call the CalcValue earlier (at First/100). Unfortunately, now alot of other things no longer work, especially if they are related to level. What comes to mind is Favored Soul, which checks it's level at Post-Levels/10000 then assigns flying speed and maneuverability. Which unfortunately needs to be done before the CalcValue call. xFly2 should be added as a separate ability, and not overwrite the original xFly.

As I understand it, the CalcValue call will find that there is no tag assigned, and will shut down xFly as a special ability. Even if later I add a speed, etc.
Kendall-DM is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin2019 View Post
I'm getting several skills from d20Modern or Spycraft showing up alongside the normal skills. This happened after I downloaded cheeseweasel's files. Is this skill list in these files and how do I turn it off?

Hatred and Tyranny domains are not calling up domain spells.
Can you give me an example of skills that are showing up when they shouldn't?
Sendric is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Major bug in the files with regard to Flying. I've noticed that you changed xFly by replacing it with xFly2, so that you can call the CalcValue earlier (at First/100). Unfortunately, now alot of other things no longer work, especially if they are related to level. What comes to mind is Favored Soul, which checks it's level at Post-Levels/10000 then assigns flying speed and maneuverability. Which unfortunately needs to be done before the CalcValue call. xFly2 should be added as a separate ability, and not overwrite the original xFly.

As I understand it, the CalcValue call will find that there is no tag assigned, and will shut down xFly as a special ability. Even if later I add a speed, etc.
That's something we should be able to fix for the 1.8 release. I don't know what the ramifications are for changing it, though. Maybe the original author could chime in.
Sendric is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
That's something we should be able to fix for the 1.8 release. I don't know what the ramifications are for changing it, though. Maybe the original author could chime in.
I think the original author was Lawful_g/Aaron, since it appears to be tied to a bunch of creatures from the MM. I tried hiding it and got errors on those monsters. As to why he is calling it so early, I have no idea, didn't look at things close enough to find out. I don't use the community files much.
Kendall-DM is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
I think I was moving away from using tags because of the annoyance I had with Darkvision... CalcValue only takes tag values into account, so the intention was to convert the value of the bootstrapped tags early and then manipulate the FIELD value in later scripts. I don't think I got around to adjusting other scripts though, so you may just want to move the CalcValue call to later phases/priorities
Aaron is offline   #70 Reply With Quote