Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JolarEQ

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Perhaps I am not seeing it, which is very possible, but is there somewhere I can select Outflank as a condition? I see Flanking, which gives me the +2, but I don't see anywhere I can use Outflank to give me the extra +2. I was also looking under the adjustments and couldn't find it, but again it's possible that it's there and I just can't see it.

Thanks!
JolarEQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
shatterjack

Old November 16th, 2014, 08:59 AM
If you mouseover the question-mark icon by Flanking on the Conditions tab (for a character who has the Outflank feat), you'll see the situational modifier on the description. Presumably HL doesn't add the extra bonus in the statblock because it has no way of knowing whether your flanking partner also has the feat.
shatterjack is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old November 16th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Oh, I can understand that, but you would think there would be an option to toggle it in Hero Lab, as the user would know when it was in use. I'd like to be able to see what all the stats are when all modifiers are in play, and that would include Outflank.

Of course, I could always create it in the editor (which would equate more practice in the editor!) but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already there somewhere.
JolarEQ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
No, the change in modifier is not there, as mentioned, it appears to just be a situational modifier. Not to say it couldn't be added, a condition that, when checked, changes the amount of bonus provided by the flanking condition. At some point, though, without HL actually having game board management built in, its something that is more likely to be left on unintentionally.
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sgmendez

Old November 16th, 2014, 01:36 PM
You can just add an adjustment of +2 to your attacks and label it as Outflank, turning it on when you need it.
Sgmendez is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old November 16th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Ok, thanks all.

And that's a good idea, Sgmendez, much better than doing it through the editor.
JolarEQ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Well, honestly, it likely wouldn't be that hard to do in the editor, and if its something that you use often (I don't think anyone I've played with has ever taken a teamwork feat), it might be worth the effort.
Fuzzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old November 16th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I am doing it in the editor anyway, I keep getting sucked in by that thing!

I'm playing a melee hunter so I get Outflank with my animal companion. Otherwise I probably wouldn't take any teamwork feats!
JolarEQ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 16th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Case in point:

Outflank.user:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <thing id="pstFUZOutF" name="Outflanking" description="Whenever you and an ally who also has the Outflank feat are flanking the same creature, your flanking bonus on attack rolls increases to +4. In addition, whenever you score a critical hit against the flanked creature, it provokes an attack of opportunity from your ally." compset="ComState">
    <eval phase="PostLevel" priority="19000"><![CDATA[
      ~ If we're in output mode, don't do anything
      doneif (state.isoutput <> 0)

~ attack
      field[abValue2].value += 2

~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value + hero.isidentity[Condition] = 0)

~ +2 to flanking bonus
      hero.child[pstFlankin].field[abValue2].value += field[abValue2].value]]></eval>
    </thing>
  </document>
Fuzzy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolarEQ View Post
Yeah, I am doing it in the editor anyway, I keep getting sucked in by that thing!
DOH!.. wouldn't have done it had I known you already were...
Fuzzy is offline   #10 Reply With Quote