Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gamer

Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
What is required to enable 'Advances' tab, 'Add New Advancement', 'Gain a new Faction Relationship'?

Thanks
Gamer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old July 24th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Lock your character for advancement I believe
nylanfs is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gamer

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Locked but still do not see the option. I'm guessing there is an option or supplement I need enabled, but I do not know which one.

Thanks
Gamer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Check the Social tab, it should be there somewhere.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gamer

Old July 24th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I see nothing related to Faction Relationship on Social tab, only Identities, Contacts, and Memberships.

My friends with Hero Lab indicated Gain a Faction Relationship was an advancement, but they don't remember what enabled it. Thus my post here.

Thanks
Gamer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I've attached a screenshot from Character creation that shows where you add a factional relationship.

I've attached a second screenshot showing the advancement tab for adding a faction.

If the factions aren't working on your copy, use the third screenshot and Control + K to bring up the configure hero screen. Make sure "Use Factions" has been checked off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Work Example.JPG (173.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Work Example 2.JPG (155.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Work Example 3.JPG (81.2 KB, 3 views)

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I am betting that you haven't enabled Use Factions under the Runner's Companion optional rules yet on the config screen... Another thing to keep in mind, once you've enabled it, is to use the "Set Defaults" option so that your future characters are configured to use factions automatically.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Well as I have found out is that it's in the Social Tab at the bottom of that tab. I'm sure you need the "Runner's Companion checked since it's in that book (it;s under the Add Faction Relationship), it's custom only - you have to type in the name and use the note button for that faction to write details about it and give the rating up or down for that faction and it will show what dice you get as a bonus or penalty.

You can also going into the editor and add the faction under the faction tab and if all characters get it then you check the box that says add to every character.

See jpeg - hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faction Example.jpg (423.6 KB, 1 views)
jbearwillis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Ninja'd by Raven LOL - should have figured that. LOL, RavenX is the man.
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I run Shadowrun alot, and have coded many of the datafiles for the system personally with Mathias teaching me what I needed as I went. I know how Hero Lab works for the factional stuff because I use it in my games. My players never have any interest in playing a Technomancer, so I don't really know alot about technomancer things, but basic mechanics like factions I have down. I know where it should be. And as you've pointed out, yes you'd need the runners companion to access the optional material. Though I think most people that buy the basic shadowrun package also get the basic suite covering the 5 supplemental books for character creation with it.

RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote