Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

boojumbunn

Old September 2nd, 2017, 09:16 PM
I would love to see more integration between GM and Player experience in Hero Lab Online.. particularly with Pathfinder, since everyone in my Pathfinder Group uses Hero Lab to track their characters.

1. Allow players to share character information with each other... by setting checkbox's next to the data they want to share.

2. Allow players to post messages to the GM that the GM can answer BETWEEN games. That way the game doesn't have to stop to answer non-immediate questions.

3. Allow GM to PLAYER to GM and back to Player functions. For example... Using the Ultimate Campaign rules, let the GM tell the players "2 days of downtime you can use." Let the players pick what they want to do with their downtime (add on to building in town, earn some money, retrain, etc.) which would go back to the GM. Let the GM approve their choices. Then that would update their character sheet with the correct changes.

4. If characters are stored on the Wolflair storage, allow players to make a scratchpad copy of their character that they can play around with different builds without affecting their main character sheet.

5. Let both players and GM have access to the character sheet stored on WolfLair (two different accounts access same character). Player should designate the GM of their choosing, should be updatable in case someone else takes over GMing a game for them.

6. Have revision control so if someone messes up a character sheet they can go back to it.

7. Have an online character portrait archive.

8. Allow custom game design.

Boojum
boojumbunn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
boojumbunn

Old September 2nd, 2017, 09:17 PM
Oh! And one more thing!

9. Let a GM create a house rules section that will automatically be updated between all the players... so that when they make a ruling on something weird all the players in their game will know about it.

Boojum the brown bunny
boojumbunn is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 3rd, 2017, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boojumbunn View Post
Oh! And one more thing!

9. Let a GM create a house rules section that will automatically be updated between all the players... so that when they make a ruling on something weird all the players in their game will know about it.

Boojum the brown bunny
I think via mechanics this will be possible already, but a sticky note in a chat box or message of the day box (perhaps?) that lists the house rules would be nice too.

I agree with these suggestions!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Alewis

Old September 5th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I was really hoping HLO was going to be built for games that take place over the internet, i.e. Roll20, or other virtual table top and Classic was going to remain the same.
Alewis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Honestly I now want them to add a third sub-project to the list. Dynamic Map Tool; a tool that uses Realm Works files and creates a VTT out of it and with it being a dynamic tool that it can be used with the design of HLO client to create a full on software suite!

Yeah it is a pipe dream, but damn is it a good one! All that power in one suite, ohh yeah!
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
boojumbunn

Old September 7th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I had a recent look at Realm Crafter again (which I own) but it is still in too limited a state for me until the Pathfinder stuff gets released for it. I think it has a lot of promise, but I would have to cut and paste every single thing I already have (or worse, hand enter it) right now before I can even get a game started. I am really looking forward to them getting some modules and the like... or even some templates as starting points for your own Pathfinder campaign. I would ADORE being able to create npc's in Hero Lab and import them directly into Realms.

Boojum the brown bunny
boojumbunn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Alewis

Old September 8th, 2017, 09:00 AM
My group won't use any of the planned features. We only use HL for character creation.

For me personally, I'd like an simpler way to create my own game system.

Having access to characters on both my laptop and desktop will be handy though.
Alewis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 13th, 2017, 08:30 AM
I currently use DropBox as my place of storage.
My laptop and desktop both access the same file (not simultaneously, although that would be possible).
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old September 13th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Proper mobile phone support so that I can finally use my IPhone.
LazarX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 13th, 2017, 03:21 PM
That's appears to be the driving decision behind Hero Lab Online.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote