Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Warlord_Kharn

Send a message via AIM to Warlord_Kharn Send a message via Yahoo to Warlord_Kharn

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
It seems that the datafiles for 4th Edition do not have the Racial Utilities that are present in the Compendium and I am unsure of how to put them in my datafiles so that they function correctly.

Racial Utilities function just like Class utilities and replace them at the appropriate levels when chosen. I can put them in as powers but after that I don't how to set them up as possible choices at 2nd level and higher.

Any help that can be provided would be of great assistance.
Warlord_Kharn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old February 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Bootstrap them to the appropriate race and make sure the "Level Requirement" is set in the power to match the level at which the power can be selected. This should make them appear in the list of available powers when your character reaches that level.
DMayhew469 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old February 24th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Also. You will have to make a copy of the race to add the bootstrap. Then put the Unique ID of the original race in the "Replaces Thing ID" field on the right side of the edit screen.
DMayhew469 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Warlord_Kharn

Send a message via AIM to Warlord_Kharn Send a message via Yahoo to Warlord_Kharn

Old February 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I've done all that but they appear as Racial features like everything that is associated with the Race. The problem is that they are utility powers that can be chosen instead of Class utilities and as such are not showing up correctly.
Warlord_Kharn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old February 28th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Can you give me a specific example?
DMayhew469 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Warlord_Kharn

Old February 28th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player's Options: Heroes of Feywild
When your hamadryad character gains a class utility power after 1st level, you can forgo taking a power granted to you by your class. Instead, you gain a hamadryad utility power of the same level or lower.
This is what I was referring to and I hope can make work. I don't know if it needs an eval script or something else.
Warlord_Kharn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old February 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Ok. I figured it out. In the power definition there is a field called "Power Class". Set it to the class you want it to appear on. If you want to go threw the effort of making it available to all classes? Click on the "Tags" button and add a tag for each class you want it to be available for. The Group ID is PowerClass and the Tag ID is the unique ID of the class.
DMayhew469 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote