Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ElterAgo

Old January 10th, 2021, 02:54 PM
I am quite sure this is old hat for most of you, but I never needed to use it before.
I'm still using the old classic version of HeroLab. Been very happy with it for years. Now I have a GM who gives out lots of custom magical items. Examples:
Ring that gives a deflection bonus to AC and a resistance bonus to saves.
Amulet that gives a +4 bonus to intelligence.
+1 Dagger with the 'Blinding' shield ability.

I tried to just go in and 'makee-learnee' through it, but made little to no progress.

Has someone written up and can one of you direct me to a fairly simple process for creating custom magic items in HeroLab Classic?

Last edited by ElterAgo; January 10th, 2021 at 03:07 PM.
ElterAgo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 10th, 2021, 09:48 PM
There are a number of tutorials, available through the HELP menu's in both HL and the editor. To make simpler items, the best way is to use "New (Copy)" and load an item that does something like what you want and look at how its been made - then copy that or modify it into what you want.
Eg: Load a 'Headband of Vast Intelligence', and change it to an Amulet.
Load a 'Ring of Protection' and copy the stuff over to it from a 'Cloak of Resistance'.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 11th, 2021, 10:54 AM
There's also quite a lot you can do here in a 'quick bodge' kind of way by installing the community package and using the adjustments included in it, which have about a bajillion ways to tweak the details of characters.
Roadie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ElterAgo

Old January 12th, 2021, 02:44 PM
I did the "New (Copy)" of several items and it worked ok.
However, making the amulet of vast intellect doesn't give more skill ranks. It seems to do everything else, but not that. Any idea why?
ElterAgo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote