Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

BusterBluth

Old August 31st, 2013, 03:49 AM
I bought the package for this about 2 months ago, but I still haven't heard when it's going to be finished. At some point, I thought it would support the kingdom building rules. Can someone from Wolflair tell us when to expect this?

When it finally does, will it support building and fighting with armies in PF?
BusterBluth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:43 AM
While working on this book, they ran into some problems with editor space. I believe they're still trying to figure out a work around on that issue. Armies should already have support in place if I am not mistaken, and you should already be able to build an army from the configuration screen.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old September 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
It looks like all you can do is build an army, but you can't have an army attack another that's in the same POR file. I was hoping for some kind of adjudication of combat, but this will essentially be just for tracking changes to armies from the look of it.

It's also odd to see so many tabs that aren't relevant to an army, like Skills and Feats.
BusterBluth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:59 AM
Well, sorry the tactical console doesn't handle armies all that well. As for the tabs, Feats could be relevant in some cases by granting you army abilities (Brew potion is the first to come to mind). For the skills tab and some of the other quirks, there was quite a conflict within the team on how to handle armies. The final result was a compromise which left no-one happy.

Always glad to hear feedback on how to improve it, of course.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
And, just to be clear, kingdoms are underway, but it's a complex beast
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old September 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. Is there any kind of ETA on when the software will be able to handle the kingdom building rules?
BusterBluth is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure. Mathias is working on that project, so I'll have to ask him tomorrow when we're both working.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
I do not currently have an estimate for you.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
BusterBluth

Old September 4th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I do not currently have an estimate for you.
I started building an Access dbase to do the kingdom & army stuff, but stopped working on it when I found out that you guys were going to implement the rules for UC in Herolab. Maybe I should start working on it again.

It'd be helpful to get an idea of the scope of what the package will finally look like, but you may not know at this point. Can you answer these questions or at least give me your best guess?

Will the final package adjudicate combat between armies or will it simply track changing army stats as it does now?

Will there be a graphical interface to handle placement of buildings within city districts or will that be handled more abstractly?

Will the army & kingdom rules be handled together? For example, armies have consumption which comes out a kingdom's treasury. Armies consume differently if they're garrisoned vs being out in the field. Their morale is also adversely affected if BPs aren't being spent on them. Will the package in its final form do this? Armies get defense bonuses depending on defensive structures built in a city. Will the package take this into account, depending on an army's current location?

Thanks so much for the info!
BusterBluth is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old September 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
Will the final package adjudicate combat between armies or will it simply track changing army stats as it does now?
I would imagine that since HL is not a combat program, that they would not change what the program itself is for that.

Quote:
Will there be a graphical interface to handle placement of buildings within city districts or will that be handled more abstractly?
HL is not a graphical program. While you can load a picture, you cannot create one in HL.

Quote:
Will the army & kingdom rules be handled together? For example, armies have consumption which comes out a kingdom's treasury. Armies consume differently if they're garrisoned vs being out in the field. Their morale is also adversely affected if BPs aren't being spent on them. Will the package in its final form do this? Armies get defense bonuses depending on defensive structures built in a city. Will the package take this into account, depending on an army's current location
As far as consumption rules, the user should be able to track that. The same as you track the rations on your character. HL does not consume things automatically without the user telling it to remove something. IT also doesn't know where your character is at in the game world.

With the morale and defense bonuses etc, those would just be adjustments that could probably be added. Not sure if they are doing those yet or not.

It seems that the questions you had are wanting the program to do a LOT more than what it was built for. All the things you are asking about combined would be more a computer game than a character creation software.
Umarian is offline   #10 Reply With Quote