Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Steev42

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
So, I'm taking a look at some existing Eval scripts trying to figure out how to do something, and I'm consistently seeing this line, or something similar:

Code:
perform linkage[varies].delete[fInclude.fWepMnk]
What exactly does linkage[varies] mean? I see that all over the place. I'm guessing it's situational, but any direction would be helpful.

(I'm making a Monk archetype that removes some of the typical Monk proficiencies, but the "Monk Weapon Proficiencies" is still showing up normally on the feats--it seems to be bootstrapped in directly instead of being done through weapon proficiencies, and I can't figure out how to remove it.)

Related, but as an aside, are there any docs besides the authoring wiki and the help files in the editor? Javadoc-style or something similar that basically just shows all the commands the editor can use?

Yet another question edited in since nobody's been around to answer yet -- Is it possible to do comparisons on thing names/shortnames? As in:
Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell
        ~validif (eachpick.field[shortname]="Cure Moderate Wounds")
        @valid
        nexteach

Last edited by Steev42; June 8th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Steev42 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Replying to my own last question, since I figured it out, for posterity.
Code:
~ find the cure moderate wounds spell
var cmw as string
cmw = "Cure Moderate Wounds"
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell
  var spellname as string
  spellname = eachpick.field[shortname].text
   validif (compare(cmw,spellname) = 0)
nexteach
Steev42 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Much better to use tag ids than text strings - then you don't have to worry that in someone's home game, cure moderate has been renamed "Touch of Sarenrae":

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "thingid.spCureMod2 | thingid.spCureMod3 | all the other cure moderate spells out there"
  @valid = 1
  nexteach
Hint on #1 - do you see that code used only in scripts on one editor tab? Or on class specials used only by the things on that one tab?

Also, you say you're trying a script, but you don't say what phase and priority you're trying it at - that's always critical when you're trying to alter the way an existing thing works.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I guess it's tradeoffs on that one. I went with searching the text string in case the spell was modified to a 1st or 4th level version somewhere, or some class added it as such in the future. I felt that was a more likely circumstance then having the spell renamed. Guess could use both, though.

As for the priority/phase, I usually find something that does a similar thing, and basically copy that info from there. For the one in question, I ended up using "First (Users)"/500.

The linkage[varies] was being used at least in archetypes and class specials. So limited to how something interacts with a class, then?
Steev42 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I recommend that you don't use the first or first (users) phases without a good reason - too many settings haven't been set when it's still that early. Don't use priorities less than 1000 for the same reason - early in a phase there are still things being determined.

Yep - linkage [varies]. means "on the class we're making variations to", and then the rest of that line is the instructions to execute.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote