Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Raza_Decon

Old February 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Hello i am Raza Decon The webmaster of the Merchant Prince, the DoW resourse site. I resently got army builder 3 and found lots of things that were incorrect or missing from your program. Here is a list of every thing i have discovered -

-- Braganza's Beseigers - The troopers are 11 points not 12

-- Pirazzo's Lost Leigon has been updated in the Conquest of the New World soursebook - Pirazzo's stats are now M:4 WS:4 BS:4 S:4 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:2 LD:8

-- Tichi Huichi's Raiders has been updated in the Conquest of the New World soursebook - The RoR now has the Fast Cavalry rule. They also have a lustria rules as well.

-- The Following units are missing - The Cursed Company (Chronicles 2004), Ruglud' Armoured Orcs ( Chronicles 2004), Mengil Manhide's Manflayers ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/manflayers/1/ ), Felix and Gotrek (Annual 2002 + http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...ers/gotrek.htm )

-- The Witch Hunters are also missing the were printed in the Annual 2002. Here is a recreation of the Rules, points and Story from my site http://www.merchantprince.net/Witch_Hunters.html

-- The Albion Heroes and their Fenbeasts are missing from the DoW list. Their rules were printed in the Chronicals 2003. Here are their rules as presented in the Dark Shadow Source Book ( http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w6/w6_z_albion.html ) The points for the wizards are 265 points each and are a Hero and a Rare choice. You are only allowed one Albion Hero per army.

-- The Dogs of War Special Characters are also missing. They were reprinted in Chronicals 2003. Here are their ruels ( http://www.merchantprince.net/SpecialCharacters.html )

-- Marco Colombo, the Dogs of War Special Character from the Lustria campaign last year is only official in Spain, parts of the EU and in OZ. You may want to add him as well.

-- The Goblin Hewer from the Storm of Chaos campaign is a Regiment of Renown and is allowed in a Dogs of War army. It takes up a Hero and a Rare choice. See the Storm of Chaos FAQ's ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/chronicles/soc-faq/1/ )

-- In a Dogs of War army any Ogre Kingdom Ogres with the Dogs of War, even Maneaters are a Special Choice in a DoW Army. See page 67 of the Ogre Kingdoms book.

-- Some of the readers from this said they would like to see the DoW Magic Items that were found in the Italian Summer Campaign packet last year. Here are the Translated Rules from that packet:

Unofficial Dogs of War Magic Items from Italian GW

These new magic items come form the Italian Campaign Weekend 2005 Infopack, and are UNOFFICIAL.

Brace of Pistols of Sartosa, 25 points (Magic Weapon)
Counts as a Brace of Pistols. The bearer may repeat to-wound rolls. His ranged and close combat attacks count as magic.

Pike of Remas, 25 points (Magic Weapon)
Counts as a Tilean pike. Bearer has +1 Strenght.
Mounted enemies (horse, chariot or monster) cannot voluntarily charge if they would contact in Base to Base the bearer of the Pike.

Great Armour of Miragliano, 25 points (Magic Armour)
Only characters on foot. Gives the wearer a 4+ armour save and a 5+ ward save. The Great Armour is so heavy that the wearer has -1 Movement and -3 Initiative, and may not use weapons that require two hands.

Bright Helm of Myrmidia, 20 points (Magic Armour)
The Helm gives a 6+ armour save, and may be worn in addition to normal armour. Enemies in base to base contact suffer -2 WS. Wearer hates all models in a Tomb King army.

Crown of Luccini, 25 points (Enchanted Item)
Mercenary General only, +1 Leadership. If the wearer is the general, troops between 12" can use his modified leadership. If the wearer is killed, enemy gets +100 VP.

Estalian Cloak, 20 points (Talisman)
Bearer and his unit gets Magic Resistance (1).

Staff of Lightnings, 25 points (Arcane Item)
Bound Spell, Power Level 5. Contains a spell that, if not dispelled, generates a magic missile with a 24" range, that causes D3+1 Strenght 6 hits, and a single Strenght 4 hit to the bearer. After every use roll a die. With a result of 1, the staff loses temporarily his powers, and may not be used for the rest of the battle.

Book of the Mage, 20 points (Arcane Item)
The mage knows another spell, randomly generated from one of the remaining 7 lores. The lore is chosen by the bearer.

Banner of Steel, 10 pts (Magic Banner)
Declare that you are using the powers of the banner at the start of any turn, yours or enemy's. The unit gets +1 Armour Save until the end of turn. One use only.

If you need copies of any of these I can scan these rules and send them your way if you need them.
Raza_Decon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
etewes

Old February 25th, 2006, 06:22 AM
paymaster stats are incorrect
mv-4 ws-4 bs-4 st-4 to-4 wo-2 in-4 at-2 ld-8
etewes is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Raza_Decon

Old February 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM
More Problems --

-- Al Muktar's Desert Dogs -- Ibn, has a 3/4 Streingth stat when he should have a S of 3.

--Braganza's Beseigers -- Braganza should also have a Pistol in his equipment

-- Pirazzo's Lost Leigon -- Pirazzo equipment has also been updated in the conquest for the New World Sourse Book. He should be armed with a hand weapon and Heavy Armor.

-- Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks -- Lumpin's Sheild is a option, and it should be part of his equipment.
Raza_Decon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Raza_Decon

Old February 27th, 2006, 03:43 PM
One more bug --

-- Tichi Huichi's Raiders Unit size has been updated in the Conquest of the New World soursebook - The RoR now starts with 5 models not six, their is no point change.
Raza_Decon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
etewes

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Where the conquest of the new world rules made offical like storm of chaos?
etewes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Raza_Decon

Old February 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
The Conquest of the New World book states as much on the first page. GW did state that every source book and armybook is official, unless later stated other wise. GW also did say that new rules always over take old rules.
Raza_Decon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
osito

Old March 1st, 2006, 06:54 AM
Note that the point sum for gotrek & felix is wrong on the US-site. It sould be 475 (162+313).

The UK-site:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/dwarfs/...-characters/5/
osito is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 1st, 2006, 07:47 PM
thanks for these! i will put them on the list to be addedd :~)
robert is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Raza_Decon

Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Thank you
Raza_Decon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
thewideblue

Old March 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
This is very well put together. As a I new plaer to Warhammer, this is more than excellent on learning the rules and stats. Combined with the books I am armed and ready for my first tournament in record time. However, I am trying to find Ruglud's Armoured Orcs - The Spike-Can Commandos to add to my Orcs and Goblin's Army list. I even recruited help from the game shop owner that sold me Army Builder. Am I missing them somehow? Do you have data files on them? If not, when will they be released and what are the recommendations on adding them in my list?

Thanks!
Wife and Soccer mom with a great set of manicured nails and the secret life of a Gamer

Thanks for any rapid response!
thewideblue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote