Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

marroon69

Old September 5th, 2022, 03:37 AM
So I started working with the "Herolab Online PF2e Import Tool" works great...but there is one thing that would be nice to address. Feats...

Looking at the output form the character there is no tracking of the type of feat; Class, General, Skill, Ancestary. Or the order in which it was taken. Is there a way to add a request to get this handled?

Here is an example

"ftBattleCry.503":{
"name":"Battle Cry",
"description":"When you roll initiative, you can yell a mighty battle cry and Demoralize an observed foe as a free action. If you’re legendary in Intimidation, you can use a reaction to Demoralize your foe when you critically succeed at an attack roll.",
"summary":"When rolling initiative, Demoralize an observed foe as a free action.",
"compset":"Feat",
"components":"Ability",
"reqLevelNet":7,
"rePrerequisites":"master in Intimidation",
"Trait":"trtGeneral,trtSkill"
}

maybe you could add something like so we could track the type and the level when it was selected?

"ftSelectType":"trtGeneral"
"ftSelectLevel":8

This would allow the import tool to parse the feats into the proper groupings.

Just a thought.
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old September 6th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Does HLO even store the level at which something is taken? I wonder if that data is even available for export.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 7th, 2022, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Does HLO even store the level at which something is taken? I wonder if that data is even available for export.
Not sure...but I am thinking not but I thought I would ask. It would be nice to be able to progress by level and how you spent your feats. I would love to see a level by level view as I progress but not sue if it is possible currently.

On a note it appears the "Herolab Online PF2e Import Tool" is not going to supported anymore. IT shows abandoned on the V10 compatibility list. Here is hoping maybe Lone Wolf will come out with something but thinking not
marroon69 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old September 7th, 2022, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering how much use it got. I only tried it a couple of times. It was admirable work but I think the data doesn't exist in HLO to feed things into Foundry properly, such as the feat level thing. So it always required more work than it was worth, IMO.

I'd love to see the level info as well, since it's useful when retraining. If I took that level 2 feat at level 8 and then retrained it, it would be nice to know the level feats I could replace it with.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old September 7th, 2022, 04:58 PM
It was used a ton. The dev gave up on it because of the constant foundry updates. Last I checked it worked on V9. Might still work on V10 anyhow.

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ed Reppert

Old September 26th, 2022, 03:57 PM
There were at one point this HLO to Foundry importer and another one for Pathbuilder to Foundry. Last I checked (a few days ago) neither is currently supported for Foundry v.10.

I would rather see "constant foundry updates" and lose out on a few mods than see foundry not updated.
Ed Reppert is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old September 26th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Yeah same dev did both importers. They did have a concern about the data supplied by HLO. At the time, Divine font wasn't working. Haven't checked since.

haibane is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ed Reppert

Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:31 PM
There is a new importer for Herolab, I saw yesterday on the Foundry site. Not sure if it's the same developer.
Ed Reppert is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old October 4th, 2022, 07:55 AM
Same developer. It is the same module, and it is just updated so that’s interesting.

haibane is offline   #9 Reply With Quote