Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Confrontation - English

Notices

staks

Old May 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Hi Butcher, just a quick question

A few of us have been playing ragnarok2 more frequently of late and we need to use the french data file to write lists because the amount of troops you can select is limited to the amount that you can put on a card. I.e. IF i wanted to use a unit of 8 slashers, i need to make 4 x units of 2 because they are set at 2 per card. I know how to edit the data files and change the limitations but obviously this gets reset after each update.

What I was wondering, is it possible at all to make a tag option when you create an army list to ignore the unit limits? Like how its setup now when you select if you want to use tournament rules or not. This would be a simple way to allow the confrontation data files to create ragnarok army lists. (sure the leader upgrade option is missing, but im sure anyone can remember to add +10 AP to upgrade someone to a leader).

If this is is more work than it sounds, can you think of any simple way to bypass the unit limitations?

Thanks
staks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 10th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Well, I have a Rag file that I worked on real heavy for a while.
Then I sorta gave up on it when I knew Rag 2 was coming out and I figured they might change some composition rules.
Then I saw the CH that came out and figured I'd start back on the Rag file
Then I saw a series of posts from Jean Bey where he talked about Confrontatiton: Age of Battles
Then my brain melted because I have no idea what is going on.
Will C:AoB meld Confrontation and Rag?
Will there be a Rag after C:AoB is released?
Will there be much interest in C3 after C:AoB is released?
Will I need a C3 file, a C:AoB file, and a Rag 2 file?
Will I drive myself insane trying to upkeep three different files for basically the same game?
These are the questions that keep me up at night wondering what I got myself into many many years ago....
So, the short answer: I'm mainly working on the C3 files, while I will be revisiting the Rag files to Rag 2 when the FINAL rules come out...if they do.
I'm also kicking around the AT-43 files. If you've looked at that game you'll notice some insanely different composition rules between what is in the AT-43 rulebook and what they released in the previous CH. Different enough that the data files would need to be redone if the army books went one way or the other.

Sorry, bit of a rant, but Rackham has been driving me crazy lately with their "new rules every year" schedule!

Cheers!

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
staks

Old May 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I can understand things must be hectic for you trying to do so many systems! Well nobody really knows, but with the information rackham has released we can almost assume the following -

C:AoB will be the one game for both systems
Rag2 at my guess is the preview of C:AoB played at 1000AP
C3 may have a cult following once the game changes, but all profile cards will have changed, so any future releases won't be playable in the current C3 rules. I guess this is good news as far as updating data files for you!
Just a C:AoB file im guessing

Anyway thanks for the answer

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutcher
Will C:AoB meld Confrontation and Rag?
Will there be a Rag after C:AoB is released?
Will there be much interest in C3 after C:AoB is released?
Will I need a C3 file, a C:AoB file, and a Rag 2 file?
Will I drive myself insane trying to upkeep three different files for basically the same game?
These are the questions that keep me up at night wondering what I got myself into many many years ago....
So, the short answer: I'm mainly working on the C3 files, while I will be revisiting the Rag files to Rag 2 when the FINAL rules come out...if they do.
I'm also kicking around the AT-43 files. If you've looked at that game you'll notice some insanely different composition rules between what is in the AT-43 rulebook and what they released in the previous CH. Different enough that the data files would need to be redone if the army books went one way or the other.

Sorry, bit of a rant, but Rackham has been driving me crazy lately with their "new rules every year" schedule!

Cheers!
staks is offline   #3 Reply With Quote