Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Confrontation - English

Notices

Old October 16th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I see the english confrontation one.... but not the rag?
  #1 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 17th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Yeah, there is, sort of.
There are currently two files for Confrontation. One for C3 and one for C2 and Rag'Narok.
The file with Rag'Narok is called Con_EN (for now, I will eventually change that) the one for C3 is Confrontation_EN. When you open up the Con_EN files click on the options button (the little clip-board icon) and select the Game option and choose Rag'Narok.

If you have any problems, post back and I'll help you out.
Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2005, 07:27 PM
hiya. original poster here...

is the Con_EN for AB2? that's the only one I can seem to find.
  #3 Reply With Quote
Azbriel

Old April 18th, 2006, 01:35 AM
There is still no version of Ragnarok in English on Army builder 3 or for that on Army Builder 2. The Game has been out for over a year, what's going on? There are plenty of french updates so it can't be that hard to do and English version.
Azbriel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2006, 05:16 AM
then do one... I mean do you need to criticize someone who does this for nothing but their amusement? If you think it is no problem thne do one and then you won't need to complain.
-Carter
  #5 Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
It not that I haven't tryed. What I mean is that it wouldn't be to hard for someone who makes Army Builder files to make one & I'm just airing the feelings of alot of people I know. It wasn't a criticisum it was a statment, so please don't go round criticizing people for making statments
  #6 Reply With Quote
Garfunkel

Old April 19th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbriel
The Game has been out for over a year, what's going on? There are plenty of french updates so it can't be that hard to do and English version.
I am the french developer for Confrontation and Rag'Narok files, and know how difficult it is to get the initial files including all mecanisms for Rag'Narok. As I am part of the beta testers group too, I begun programing Rag'Narok files hardly one year before publishing the first release. And I had the advantage to play Rag'Narok for 2 years before that..
The monthly release only add the new material which have a low impact on the game system architecture, and is in a large extend common between Confrontation and Rag'Narok.

I developed also files for others game system (W40K, WFB, starship trooper, léviathan, Le retour des dieux, Warmachine, ...) and I think Confrontation and Rag'Narok are by far the two most difficult game system to develop for AB.

Moreover, I dont like this kind of attack on people who give you its spare time. May be you did forgot some smileys ? :roll:

So, repeat afer me :
"Thank you Mr butcher for all theses files."
8)

Garfunkel

PS : Forgive my poor english, I am french after all. :wink:
Garfunkel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
thebutcher

Old April 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks Carter and merci, Garfunkel
That's been the typical response, unfortunately.

Rag-Narok only shares unit data with Confrontation. The restrictions on building an army in Rag-Narok are much more involved. I'm not complaining, but that's the truth.

I though I could just take the Confrontation files and build Rag-Narok around them. But there's no way. I've had to start from scratch with Rag-Narok as a totally seperate game. As Rackham comes out with the Army Packs and new units and characters every month, they push the limit on what's already been "set in stone" in the basic AB files. So, many times I am faced with fudging something that would have been nice to have known at the start of the file creation. For instance, magic users being able to change Elements. Sounds easy, and it wasn't too much work, but if I would have known that from the start I could have done something in the files that would have made it easier to set up.

So, yeah. I stand by Confrontation being the more widely played game, so that file gets the most work. I do Rag-Narok as time allows, and time is getting a little less restrictive.

Just be patient. I don't want to let files loose that don't work either.

Cheers,
The Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Azbriel

Old April 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I did not set out to up set people like thebutcher who do great work on AB files. I was just airing the fustration of a lot of people I know at the lack of an English Rag-Narok file, as what is seen to an inblance as the French have had files since AB 2. So I'm sorry if I orfended anyone with my comments. ops:
Azbriel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote