Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
A new bug reports thread for the 5/26/10 update.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
baez

Old May 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Another PDF cosmetic bug here (I think):

The description for Dodge in the 3.3 Pathfinder update says:

"+1 to AC vs attacks from one opponent."

The PRD doesn't say the part about one opponent:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#dodge

Quote: "Benefit: You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat."

Is the PRD out of date?

Thanks!

-joe
baez is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old May 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I don't have my Pathfinder book in front of me, but I believe the original D20 version said the bonus only applied vs one opponent, and the Pathfinder version just said you get a +1 Dodge bonus all the time.
huntercc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Most things in Hero Lab have two versions of the description text - the description, and the summary. In the conversion from the SRD files to the Pathfinder files, I replaced all the description text (at least for feats) with the new Pathfinder text. I didn't always catch the need to change the summary text. (The SRD version of dodge only applied to one opponent).

You can see the description text by moving your mouse over the ? on the right-hand side of an item's display, and can see the summary text displayed on the Specials tab and on the printout.

So, I'll get this fixed for the next update. (Also, one of the projects I want to get to in the next few weeks is to check the summary text for all the feats).
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I dont think the Ranged touch attack is figuring out correct everyone I see the math seems off
Virtue is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
You'll have to be more specific than that about what's wrong.

Update: I found an error if the hero is not Size M, but please remember that generic "something's not right" reports don't help me track down the problem. What you do see, what you should see, and where you see it are always things I need to know in order to be able to track down a problem.

Last edited by Mathias; May 27th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old May 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Not sure the skeleton HD thing was fixed for all races. My skeletal dire rat still gets an additional HD from the skeleton template.
kunger00 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gryndehl

Old May 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Pulled in from older bug report thread. Hmm, didn't include my old test in with yours when I quoted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you decrease the INT until it won't go down any further, you'll be at the correct value - it's not properly changing the default value of the INT, but the minimum is still correct. Fixing the default value is on my to-do list.
Well, when I pressed the down arrow to reduce INT, it stopped reducing before it got to the correct value and I had to use the adjust tab to get it correct.
Quote:
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I went to the gear tab, selected Parchment from the list, and changed the number to purchase to 10. The total cost was recalculated as I went, so once I reached 10, the calculated cost was 2gp. Once I changed the number to purchase, pressing the "Set" button next to the Cost (Total) filled in the "Pay" fields. On a character who has 15pp, 150gp or 1500sp, the set button makes change correctly, always removing as many small coins as possible.
Must have got it into some weird state. Was not able to duplicated the problem myself.
Quote:
On the main character, remove some money (either on the journal tab or the configure hero form), and add the same to the minion (on the configure hero form). Now, on the minion, purchase armor normally. The cost/weight changes for different sizes/non-humanoid shapes will be calculated for you (all armors can be made into barding). Now transfer the change back to the main character. A shared money pool is something I want to add, but that's the workaround until that's been added.
My character is a gnome who was putting barding on his riding dog which is medium. While medium barding weighs the same, it costs double. However even when I bought armor directly on the mount it cost what it would for a humanoid, not a mount. Did not find any checkbox or anything that indicated explicitly that this item is barding.
Gryndehl is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2010, 10:22 AM
The following sort of seems like a bug, but could just be the way HL works. I only found it as I have been creating separate .user files, but trying to use the same source. Here is the example break down of the issue.

For MyData1.user I created a new source as follows:
Code:
<usesource source="PcAdvenArm" parent="Sources" name="Adventurers Armory"/>
Later I created a new .user file called MyData2.user and checked the same Source as I created in MyData1.user file. Everything was fine unless MyData1.user file is not present, because MyData2.user file only had the following for the source:
Code:
<usesource source="PcAdvenArm"/>
Now this is pretty easy for me to fix now that I know about it as I can just open it up in TextPad and do a quick replace and then everything works fine. Both MyData1 and 2 will work correctly with or without the other file so it does not hurt for .user files to have the full usesource info.

So is this a bug or just the way it works and I need to remember in this circumstance to change it in TextPad before sharing the file?

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 29th, 2010, 11:48 AM
The large sunblade should be usable one handed its a large shortsword
Virtue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote