Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

kunger00

Old June 25th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I'm trying to create a construct race for one of my players but it is toned down a bit from the TRUE constructs. As such, I can't just list as Construct type.

So, I thought the best way to do this is to make another Creature Type that was copied off of the Construct.

My first thought was to create a creature subtype that canceled out some of the construct traits, but I have no idea how to do that...

So I went with the new Type. In this case, a Clockwork Construct creature type.

Before I started tearing it apart and making it so that it doesn't work and trying to figure out what I did to mess it up, I have, at this point, simply copied Construct and renamed it. No other changes.

When creating the race, I have done nothing other than select "Clockwork Construct" from my creature type list.

When I test and make a test character, none of the construct stuff shows up (such as the immunities, etc). If I change the race to have Construct, it all shows up. Change it to Clockwork Construct and it all vanishes again.

I don't understand how something that is a copy except, a name change, isn't working.

Maybe someone who is better at this can explain why a renamed copy of Construct creature type isn't behaving as the original?

That or teach me how to create a sub type that deletes abilities from the parent creature type.

Thanks in advance!
kunger00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I don't have an exact answer to your question. Don't do races allot, but their was a post awhile back from Mathais that explained how to do a Warforged race from Eberron in HL. Warforged are Living Constructs that also don't get the normal construct abilities.

Anyways thought it could help some.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old June 25th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks! I'll look into that!!! Maybe that will have the answers I need!

Again, Thanks!
kunger00 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old June 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
The warforged thread helped me. I have a solution that works.

I don't care for the fact that the Construct type with Living Construct subtype still leaves the Construct mouse over on the Background tab.

No matter though. I have a gearforged race that works for my player. Now I just hope it is balanced!
kunger00 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote