Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
The CR adjustment on the lich template should be +2 not +1.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Not sure if I am correct here, but when I create a sorcerer, the attack bonus always seems to be +1 higher than it should. A first level sorcerer should have an attack bonus of +0 but it shows as +1, a level 3 should be +1 but it shows as +2.... It seems to calculate the attack rolls properly though. It keeps throwing one of my players off when he tries to wield a weapon that he's picked up after the sheet has printed and he has to calculate manually.

BTW I noticed that it was doing this several versions ago.

Last edited by Baraccus; June 2nd, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Baraccus is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraccus View Post
Not sure if I am correct here, but when I create a sorcerer, the attack bonus always seems to be +1 higher than it should. A first level sorcerer should have an attack bonus of +0 but it shows as +1, a level 3 should be +1 but it shows as +2.... It seems to calculate the attack rolls properly though. It keeps throwing one of my players off when he tries to wield a weapon that he's picked up after the sheet has printed and he has to calculate manually.

BTW I noticed that it was doing this several versions ago.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I added a level of Sorcerer to a blank character, and the character shows an attack bonus of +0, which is correct for 1st level.

What's your race? feats? etc.?

If your race is halfling, gnome, or some other size S race, the +1 to hit modifier for being size S is incorporated into the attack bonus that's displayed on the basics tab.
Mathias is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Ahhh...I see. Good to know. Now I can explain that to my players.
Thank you. :-)
Baraccus is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
Using the editor I made a copy of the Lich's racial special "Fear Aura". After testing my monster, it showed my new racial special but said it came from the Lich. The editor doesn't show any association to the Lich for my copied special ability, but a text editor showed this line:

Code:
<tag group="SpecSource" tag="Lich" name="Lich" abbrev="Lich"/>
huntercc is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
mamaloufing

Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
My fighter is getting an extra skill point per level. He should have 3 per level, +1 from the intelligence bonus. Hero Lab is giving me 4. My favored class bonus has been going to hit points so that isn't the issue.
mamaloufing is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
It seems that with undead characters who have a nonexistent CON score, HL is still adding +1 hit point per hit die. I just made a Huecuva/Cleric 4 character with all favored bonus given to skill points, no feats yet, and he is 7 hit points higher than I believe he should be. Next to each level is shown +1 hit point.

EDIT: I'm a dummy. Just realized his CHA is a 13, which yields a +1 to hit points for undead characters.

Last edited by huntercc; June 3rd, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
huntercc is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercc View Post
Using the editor I made a copy of the Lich's racial special "Fear Aura". After testing my monster, it showed my new racial special but said it came from the Lich. The editor doesn't show any association to the Lich for my copied special ability, but a text editor showed this line:

Code:
<tag group="SpecSource" tag="Lich" name="Lich" abbrev="Lich"/>
You're correct - that line is what's causing the Lich source to be there. It's a holdover from the d20 version of the files, when racial specials tended to be specific to a race. You can either delete that line in the text editor, or start by copying a different ability.

You may also want to take a look in the Bestiary, pg 300, at the "Frightful Presence" special - that seems to be the new standard ability for fear auras, so you may not need to make your own. You can look at how the Bone Devil bootstraps the ability to learn how to set the range and duration.
Mathias is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaloufing View Post
My fighter is getting an extra skill point per level. He should have 3 per level, +1 from the intelligence bonus. Hero Lab is giving me 4. My favored class bonus has been going to hit points so that isn't the issue.
Is your character human, and getting the human's +1 skill point/level bonus? If not, you'll need to tell me more about the character before I can figure out what's going wrong. Race, feats, traits, etc.
Mathias is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
kunger00

Old June 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. Yes, there's still an enter HP space for the template, but there's no HD reported to its left, and the HD total listed under the level is "0+1" - 0 class levels+1 racial HD. I'll put removing the HP space on my to-do list.
Thanks
kunger00 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote