Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Banpai

Old May 9th, 2020, 06:27 AM
I was a bit confused by the change, which is why I came here. Likely not super critical but the interface to bring back weapons out of the locker is a bit confusing.
Banpai is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2020, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
Rob, in the future, when springing major changes like this, it might help if some warning could be given to prepare players. People are working (or not working), come home, go to play and then find out stuff doesn't work as planned and impacts playing/fun time increasing stress levels rather than relieving them as intended. If the steps and recommendations could be put up a couple of days before rollout, players could prepare.
That's a fair request. I'll do my best to be mindful of things like this and give everyone a heads-up a little bit in advance. Please don't shoot me if I forget, though.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banpai View Post
I was a bit confused by the change, which is why I came here. Likely not super critical but the interface to bring back weapons out of the locker is a bit confusing.
What would you recommend we do to eliminate the confusion? In what ways can we improve how it works?
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Banpai

Old May 10th, 2020, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
What would you recommend we do to eliminate the confusion? In what ways can we improve how it works?
If you want to move an active weapon to the locker the "move to" interface lists "Weapon Storage Locker" as a possible destination, that is pretty straightforward.

If you want to move a stored weapon back into active use, the listed destination is called "Remove (to Character)"... that disrupted learning how to do this. Maybe call it something like "Move to active weapons
" or something like that?
That might include having to rename the "Weapons" list slightly.
Banpai is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 10th, 2020, 07:23 AM
A very well-prepared alchemist with each bomb is already over the six weapon limit, very annoying.
magpi is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old May 11th, 2020, 11:56 AM
I have had to rebuild my alchemist as the original sheet seems to have locked in bombs that are no longer there. Even when I rebuild, as soon as I add an alchemist bomb on it comes up with the six weapon error (i have dagger, sling and fist on the sheet as well).

Not sure what is happening with this, I will log on an error report.
talsharien is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 11th, 2020, 02:35 PM
@talsharien I've been seeing that same Alchemist wonkiness
magpi is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2020, 10:04 PM
Just a heads-up. We've been making some refinements to the way the weapon locker - and weapons in general - behave. In the release going out tomorrow, there should be some improvements with how all of this stuff works. A few of the most important items are:
  • Single-use weapons (aka self-destructive) will now only count as a half-slot. That includes grenades and alchemist bombs. So an alchemist will be able to now take 8 different bombs, a backup missile weapon, and a melee weapon. That ought to cover the vast majority of alchemists out there, plus it will ease things a little for certain other types of characters across game systems.
  • Infused alchemical items can now be created in quantity and will automatically merge into an existing stack, which should eliminate a major annoyance that exacerbated the active weapon limit.
  • Merging and splitting gear is now vastly more accessible, as it's been moved into the item's vertical ellipsis menu instead of in the item details.
  • When we report the maximum weapon limit, we'll include extra messaging that prompts users to merge similar weapons into a single stack and/or disable unused natural attacks to free up weapon slots. That's something we should have done last week but simply didn't catch it prior to release.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old May 17th, 2020, 09:20 PM
@Rob, would it be possible to add a "enable/disable" type button next to weapons as another option to Weapons Locker?

So instead of moving a weapon to the locker, you can just "disable" it which would disable any "maths" (whatever causes server problems, a grey out weapon name only if needed). "enable" puts the weapon back online with a error if you are a at max and that you have to disable another weapon first.

That way if you have, say, a handful of weapons you like to use and don't want to forget about some others you occasionally use you can quickly get to them? For instance, my ranger has a Bow, kukri, rapier, whip, dagger, & fists. A little mix since he does some melee and range. But now i find a low-grade silver short sword and a cold iron axe. I won't typically need those but I don't want to forget I have the cold iron axe and want quickly to pull it out, throw it, and return to my other standard weapons list...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
@Rob, would it be possible to add a "enable/disable" type button next to weapons as another option to Weapons Locker?
I'll explore this possibility - or something like it - with the team. I know that this exact approach won't work, since the disable option would currently also short-circuit the re-enable behavior. However, there may be some extra hoops we can jump through to find a solution here that's more useful/efficient than what we've got.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote