Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old April 25th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampagingHoardes View Post
I am figuring you must be able to have multiple files per realm. My databases is over 90 megs already and I am just getting started. I sure hope there will be huge realm limits if any.
Sorry, let me elaborate:

The limit on a file embedded in a Snippet (image, PDF, video, etc.) is 30,000,000 bytes. You'll get an error saying this if you try to use something larger. Images also have resolution limits separate from the file size limit.

They haven't announced limits on your master.realm file or on your online storage as far as I know. The largest size for a master.realm file I've seen someone post was 2.8 GB. As everything else works on entire databases, not individual realms, I'm expecting any online storage limitations will also be for your entire database. Whatever they might be I expect those limits will be announced along with the Content Market, if not sooner.

Last edited by Parody; April 25th, 2015 at 05:17 PM.
Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 26th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Sorry, let me elaborate:

The limit on a file embedded in a Snippet (image, PDF, video, etc.) is 30,000,000 bytes. You'll get an error saying this if you try to use something larger. Images also have resolution limits separate from the file size limit.

They haven't announced limits on your master.realm file or on your online storage as far as I know. The largest size for a master.realm file I've seen someone post was 2.8 GB. As everything else works on entire databases, not individual realms, I'm expecting any online storage limitations will also be for your entire database. Whatever they might be I expect those limits will be announced along with the Content Market, if not sooner.
Realm Works doesn't impose any specific limit on the local database file (aside from limits from the operating system and/or the database library we use) and could grow to the limits of your hard drive.

We have not determined online storage limits, yet, nor details on whether it is per realm or overall. Given you can have some realms that are synced and others have data only in your local database, users will have control over these limits and how they want to deal with them.

Images are limited to 30,000,000 bytes like other types. However, we also warn if you try importing high resolution images. The warning kicks in for images with pixels more than a 4,096 x 3,072 resolution image has (which is 12,582,912 pixels total). So you could import a 12,000,000 x 1,000 pixel image and not get the warning. And even with the warning, you can still import the image. Just be aware that performance may suffer and it is possible to run out of memory.
davidp is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 26th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Realm Works doesn't impose any specific limit on the local database file (aside from limits from the operating system and/or the database library we use) and could grow to the limits of your hard drive.

We have not determined online storage limits, yet, nor details on whether it is per realm or overall. Given you can have some realms that are synced and others have data only in your local database, users will have control over these limits and how they want to deal with them.

Images are limited to 30,000,000 bytes like other types. However, we also warn if you try importing high resolution images. The warning kicks in for images with pixels more than a 4,096 x 3,072 resolution image has (which is 12,582,912 pixels total). So you could import a 12,000,000 x 1,000 pixel image and not get the warning. And even with the warning, you can still import the image. Just be aware that performance may suffer and it is possible to run out of memory.
Hi David,

This is what I was looking for thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #13 Reply With Quote