Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Strapped-4-Cache

Old February 18th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I’ve got a question about feats with conditional prerequisites. More specifically, I’d like to correct some feats which appear to not have been imported from the downloader properly, resulting in error flags being raised when attempting to use them with valid character builds.

The feat that brought this question to mid was ‘Arkhosian High Style’, with prerequisites of Dragonborn race -or- CHA of 13. Although the CHA prerequisite is included, the Dragonborn race isn’t. In reading through some of the threads I’ve seen how to create a custom feat which can replace another, but I have been unable to find any information about setting up the conditional modifiers. Is there a specific script syntax I can use to specify one or the other of a prerequisite which will allow a character to qualify?

I had tried to find a similar feat in order to copy the conditional prerequisites, but have failed to find one that is properly set up in the hero Builder. The first I was able to find was ‘Bloodthirsty Mein’, with prerequisites of CHA 15 or trained in Intimidate. Again, although the CHA prerequisite was included, the Intimidate prerequisite wasn’t.

Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated. I’ve got a player who really wants the ‘Arkhosian High Style’ feat without causing the system to flag it as an error. Sure we can override it, be we’d prefer the builder to have the prerequisites properly recorded.

Thanks!
Strapped-4-Cache is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapped-4-Cache View Post
The feat that brought this question to mid was ‘Arkhosian High Style’, with prerequisites of Dragonborn race -or- CHA of 13.
While not answering your question it seems the downloader generally has issues with "or" statements in power descriptions. I had issues with that already at several places.
MagicSN is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Strapped-4-Cache

Old March 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hmmm. Has anyone out there had any luck in resolving the error caused by the OR modifier yet?
Strapped-4-Cache is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMayhew469

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
You may have to use an Eval Script to accomplish it. Another method would be to duplicate the feat (don't replace the original) and remove the first requirement (Cha 13) and add the second requirement (Dragonborn). This will create 2 feats with the same name. One with prereqs of [Cha 13 and any martial class] and one with prereqs of [Dragonborn and any martial class]. It is a little clunky but it would work
DMayhew469 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 25th, 2013, 06:00 AM
If you go with DMayhew469's recommendation about two feats (which is a handy way to resolve this problem), just remember to add an eval script to each one that doesn't let you add the other one if you have it already. Else 13 Cha Dragonborn's could pick it twice.

Personally I'd duplicate it twice, having one version replace the other, and then setting both of them to run eval scripts to prevent you from picking each one if the other one is already selected.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote