Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old February 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Working on a feat that adds spells to the druid spell list when taken without having to make new spells just for it. I think I can do it with scripting but need help.

Code:
 perform ?[spProEvil].assign[sClass.Druid]
Can't figure out the first part. Tried "thingid" but got an error message. Any ideas?
Illyahr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 8th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Working on a feat that adds spells to the druid spell list when taken without having to make new spells just for it. I think I can do it with scripting but need help.

Code:
 perform ?[spProEvil].assign[sClass.Druid]
Can't figure out the first part. Tried "thingid" but got an error message. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, this method won't work. You can't use eval scripts to add tags to things that aren't on your character already.

There are two ways I can think of off the top of my head to handle this. You can create a new sClass tag which gets assigned to the class using a script. Then you use the Extend Thing tab in the editor to add those tags to the existing spells.

The other option is to use a script to edit the Class's field for which spells it can use by adding the specific spells. There are examples of this which I can point you to later when I have more time.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There are two ways I can think of off the top of my head to handle this. You can create a new sClass tag which gets assigned to the class using a script. Then you use the Extend Thing tab in the editor to add those tags to the existing spells.
I think I'll do this. I checked other feats that do similar (bloodline feats) and they seem too complicated.

Incidentally, you might want to check those. They ask you to add obsolete spells.
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 9th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
I think I'll do this. I checked other feats that do similar (bloodline feats) and they seem too complicated.

Incidentally, you might want to check those. They ask you to add obsolete spells.
Thanks. I had been relying on compilation errors to catch these kinds of things, but that won't happen with Eval Rules scripts. I'll get these sorted out (at least those I can find).

Incidentally, those feats are a little different than what you're doing (I think). The bloodline feats are adding bonus known spells, so the scripting there is adding to the amount of known spells available, and then using Eval Rules to make sure the player is adding the correct spells.

I think what you want is to simply add spells to an existing spell list which characters can choose to memorize/pray/etc or not.

Last edited by Sendric; February 9th, 2018 at 04:40 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote