Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Valdacil

Old April 10th, 2017, 04:52 PM
I have an Unchained Rogue that gets Sneak Attack and Debilitating Effects. I also know that there are more Sneak Attack effects than just Bewildered, Disoriented, and Hampered.

The problem is that for the last 2 levels, I keep forgetting I have those because they don't show up on the InPlay tab. I tried creating a new ability that would show an activator just below Sneak Attack (thus named it Sneak Attack Augments) with a drop down list of available sneak attack effects. However, I could not get the drop-down to populate and it showed red on the Rogue tab because nothing was selected.

This is what I would like:

- A drop down list on the InPlay tab to select from available sneak attack effects
- Should be automatically added either at level 4 (when Rogue gets the 3 debilitating injuries) or if the rogue takes a rogue talent (like Bleeding Attack)
- Drop down list will populate with only effects that are mutually exclusive and that the character actually possesses. The effects (like Debilitating Injury) say "These penalties do not stack with themselves..." or "only one such effect can apply per sneak attack". If one later takes another sneak attack effect (like Bleeding Attack), that should be automatically added to the drop down list.
- I'm not looking for this to actually display anything on the Statblock or Armory. I just need it there on the InPlay tab right next to Sneak Attack so I remember to use them.
Valdacil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 10th, 2017, 06:25 PM
That's the kind of situation I had in mind when I suggested a generic Adjustment that could possibly add an "Activation" to an ability without one.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 10th, 2017, 07:05 PM
While I agree that an Adjustment for adding an activator would be helpful in other scenarios, in this case it wouldn't quite meet what I desire. First, in the case of just the 3 debilitating effects Rogue gets at 4, that would add 3 activators. Plus there are other ones. Second, it would put them under D instead of S (near Sneak Attack). Essentially, I'm looking for an activator named "Sneak Attack Effects" with a drop down containing all possible effects so that I A) don't forget to use them and B) have a quick list of possible effects consolidated in one place.
Valdacil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 10th, 2017, 08:10 PM
This sounds like something you should just create yourself in the editor. An adjustment could add the new ability to show on the In-Play tab. You can name it as you like and have a drop down to select the different Rogue Class Abilities.

Then you could even pull the DescInfo.? tag to the In-Play ability from the ability selected. This would cause your new ability to have the full text for the ability currently selected.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 10th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Give this a quick try. Download the attached file and place it into your HL Data\Pathfinder folder. Let it overwrite the existing file. Please note this ONLY works if you have the Community Pack v1.7 installed.

Start HL and turn on "ShadowChemosh's Adjustments". Then go to Adjust tab and add a Conferred Ability Adjustments. Add "Combat: Sneak Attack Effects" which adds a new ability to the In-Play tab.

I think I got it doing what your asking.......

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 11th, 2017, 12:21 AM
Awesome!! That was essentially what I was trying to accomplish, except that I didn't come anywhere near the appropriate filter for the drop down. Now that I have that, I may try to make it into a class ability that is bootstrapped at the same time as Sneak Attack and disabled if the selection box is empty. That way I don't have to have an Adjustment for it. I already altered the Sneak Attack class ability to have an activator, so if I can get your adjustment working as an ability it will be easy to bootstrap it with Sneak Attack.

At first I didn't think it was working. Took me a little bit to realize that I was still Wildshaped as an elemental and by default it didn't carry over the ability added by the Adjustment into my elemental form. Disabled Wildshape and it showed up. Then adjusted Wildshape so the ability would stay 'active' while shifted. All seems to be working. Thanks so much!!
Valdacil is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 11th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I have a player in my game this should help also. He is a level 5 Unchained Rogue and has never once used any of the Debilitating abilities. This may help to remind him it exists if its on the In-Play tab/area of his iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 11th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Is there a way to determine whether there are any selections in the menu and hide the ability if not?

Also if I add the ability with Sneak Attack (at level 1), it shows the 3 Debilitating Injuries from level 4 (before the player has access to them).

Last edited by Valdacil; April 11th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Valdacil is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 11th, 2017, 04:31 PM
I got it to not show the 3 Debilitating Injuries before receiving them at level 4 by changing usrCandid1 to:

Code:
component.Ability & Helper.ShowSpec & (abCategory.RogDebInj|abCategory.RogSnAtt)
Now I just need a way to resolve that expression and if no results, remove User.Activation (hide it). I'm sure it's something simple, I've just not done something quite this way before.
Valdacil is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 11th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Yeah I was going to get to that. This was just the quick "proof of concept" design.

Edit: Actually this was me "testing" you and your script-fu abilities.... Yeah that's what it was...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote