Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 28th, 2017, 11:10 PM
I'm setting up a creature whose type is "aberration", but they don't have darkvision. Is there a way to exclude that one ability? Or do I need to make a copy of the aberration type, remove that ability, and assign the copy as the type?
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MadCat75

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat75

Old August 29th, 2017, 12:42 AM
If you go to the personal tab under permanent adjustments then go down to 'special abilities', there's an adjustment called "ability disable & hide", once you dd that, there's a drop down list that has 'darkvision' listed, select that and darkvision should be disabled.

I tested it out on a drow character and it removed the "Darkvision" from the list of racial/natural abilities.
MadCat75 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old August 29th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat75 View Post
If you go to the personal tab under permanent adjustments then go down to 'special abilities', there's an adjustment called "ability disable & hide", once you dd that, there's a drop down list that has 'darkvision' listed, select that and darkvision should be disabled.

I tested it out on a drow character and it removed the "Darkvision" from the list of racial/natural abilities.
@EightBitz Otherwise yeah you are correct.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat75 View Post

I mean in the editor, so whenever I create a new character and select this as the race, I'm good to go.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I mean in the editor, so whenever I create a new character and select this as the race, I'm good to go.
Look at how that adjustment disables the ability and code that into your new race.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Look at how that adjustment disables the ability and code that into your new race.
My first thought was, "it'll save as a .por file that way, so I won't be able to see how it disables the ability." Then I realized you probably meant that I should use the debug tools to find the nature of the adjustment, and that is not at all a bad idea.

Depending on what I find, I may still have questions, but at the very least, I'll have a lead.

Thanks!
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
When you create the race, assign it the NoTypeAbil tag for the type whose abilities you wish to remove. Note that this removes ALL abilities the type grants, so anything you wish to retain will have to be re-added as a bootstrap or whatever on the race itself. Also works for subtypes. There is a related tag group NoTypeImm which is similar but only removes immunities.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
When you create the race, assign it the NoTypeAbil tag for the type whose abilities you wish to remove. Note that this removes ALL abilities the type grants, so anything you wish to retain will have to be re-added as a bootstrap or whatever on the race itself. Also works for subtypes. There is a related tag group NoTypeImm which is similar but only removes immunities.
I tried creating a custom type as a copy and removed only the ability that I wanted gone. But then other things went wrong, like the class skills were no longer class skills, even though they were still defined as class skills in the custom type.
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Quote:
I tried creating a custom type as a copy and removed only the ability that I wanted gone. But then other things went wrong, like the class skills were no longer class skills, even though they were still defined as class skills in the custom type.
That's not the route I recommend.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2017, 11:07 AM
The way types work is kinda arcane, used to be all full types were on all heroes and only one was activated. Switched it over to them all being bootstrapped by certain types of picks, but with a match expression so they only become live when the correct tag is present. Thus, I am guessing your created race only has the tag portion, and wasn't also bootstrapping the new type.

Please give NoTypeAbil a try first.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote