Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old July 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Hey all, I wrote about this a looonnnggg time ago though asking if it was possible where as now I am requesting it be made possible.

With the new update a few characters of mine now have a 'permanent' Warnings Encountered sign as they have a Power of piece of Equipment/Device that give them a Damage, or Speed, Leaping, etc etc power (one of the ones that don't ever have a "Turn off switch" checkmark to the left) and they have another power, normally in an Array that boosts the first power, sometimes upping the Damage to where it would be over caps if not for the fact I added in a few ranks of Inaccurate.

Hero Lab is still seeing the Stacks With mod however and now I get warnings that powers are over caps when I've made sure they aren't.

There are a few ways I can think of to fix it, first is giving all the powers the ability to be turned off, another is to add it as a attachment to the mod Stacks With (as that is normally the only time ye would get this issue) so when ye add Stacks With it makes the power able to be turned on and off via the checkmark. A checkmark in the power, basically just like the "Dynamic Power?" checkmark that adds the on/off switch is another option, even an Option that gives "On/Off Switch for all Powers" would work pretty well.

This also is bringing up another issue that Hero Lab isn't taking Inaccurate into account for these powers, all it sees is that I have +12 to hit for Melee attacks and this Melee Damage power (with the 'boost') is at rank 12, not seeing that the boost also gives the power Inaccurate 2 (-4 to hit)

I've went ahead and attached the .por for the main character I am speaking about so ye can see exactly what I mean. The issue is how her Equipment is being boosted by her "Words of Power" array and because of that boost and not being able to turn it off (and it not counting the ranks in Inaccurate) she is getting the error that her powers are too high.
Attached Files
File Type: email Owl.por (213.8 KB, 2 views)
CelticREI is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
^_^ I think you're going to need to post some of the .user files you're using... it is nice to see that my pre-errata Create is in usage, though. Incidentally, I didn't know we could post .por files straight here... I've been zipping mine up all this time.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old July 12th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
^_^ I think you're going to need to post some of the .user files you're using... it is nice to see that my pre-errata Create is in usage, though. Incidentally, I didn't know we could post .por files straight here... I've been zipping mine up all this time.
I actually -just- found out ye could, I zipped Owl up before I noticed ye could post the .por file lol

As for .user files as far as I can remember I'm only using your pre-errata Create. Where are they put again? I can't even find them looking in the Hero Lab folder lol
CelticREI is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM
They're in ProgramData now.

Error screen I'm getting:
Quote:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\Duggan\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_ issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'HideDefPNm'
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'OutNoLib'
Pick 'adImpCritM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '302'
and
Quote:
Attempt to access non-live pick via script fails for pick 'pwCreate2'
Location: 'load fixup' script for Component 'PowerHelp' near line 5
- - -
Attempt to access non-live pick via script fails for pick 'pwCreate2'
Location: 'load fixup' script for Component 'PowerHelp' near line 5
Offhand, one will include the Inaccurate drawback, since that's not Core. ;-)
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Old July 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
If ye are meaning the Hero Lab folder, aye I have it in Program Files, if not then I'm not finding this ProgramData folder... I'm running WinXP and have it installed normally through C:\Program Files\Hero Lab and the only folders in there are "Docs" and "Product" along with a few .dll's and HeroLab.exe and HLExport.exe. There aren't any .user files in the Hero Lab folder or any sub-folder I am seeing o_O

I'm speaking of Inaccurate the Flat which is Core found on page 148 of the M&M3e pdf.

I -did- have an Error Report pop up yesterday a few hours before I put the Owl.por up here, so that might have something to do with it, though I can open it up fine, on this computer and my friend's (running Win7) who doesn't have any .user files except your Create one.

EDIT: I went into Hero Lab and clicked Tools>Explore Folders>Program Data Folder so that is probably what ye were meaning, but still no .user files. I have my herolab.prefs, herolab.prefs.preconvert and HPkey.lic in there and then the sub-folders have no .user files either. Which is odd, because I know I put in your Create file, a lllooonnnggg time ago but I put it in there somewhere...

Second EDIT: I took out the Create power she has so we'll see if that effects your ability to open it or not. The Create wasn't one of the issues anyway so no problem there ^_^
Attached Files
File Type: email Owl.por (210.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by CelticREI; July 12th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
CelticREI is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticREI View Post
If ye are meaning the Hero Lab folder, aye I have it in Program Files, if not then I'm not finding this ProgramData folder... I'm running WinXP and have it installed normally through C:\Program Files\Hero Lab and the only folders in there are "Docs" and "Product" along with a few .dll's and HeroLab.exe and HLExport.exe. There aren't any .user files in the Hero Lab folder or any sub-folder I am seeing o_O

...EDIT: I went into Hero Lab and clicked Tools>Explore Folders>Program Data Folder so that is probably what ye were meaning, but still no .user files. I have my herolab.prefs, herolab.prefs.preconvert and HPkey.lic in there and then the sub-folders have no .user files either. Which is odd, because I know I put in your Create file, a lllooonnnggg time ago but I put it in there somewhere...
I too am running WinXP and the changes to get things in accordance with (IAW) Windows 7 also threw me for a loop at first. Take a look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hero Lab\data\mutants3 Note: on my machine I had to go into the folder's (I forget now if it was the DaS, AU or AD folder) properties to show hidden files/sub-folders before I could see the entire path I have just described.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 12th, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 13th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Just realized that I don't have the latest update installed... trying that to see if that fixes things.

That got rid of my load errors. Mea Culpa on the Inaccurate. Didn't realize that had made the jump in 3E. Looking at ascertaining errors.

Last edited by Duggan; July 13th, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Duggan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Old July 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Silly Speedsters rushing and forgetting the details

Still looking around for your Create .user file, what was its name? I'll do a windows search for the thing lol

Last edited by CelticREI; July 13th, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
CelticREI is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticREI View Post
Silly Speedsters rushing and forgetting the details

Still looking around for your Create .user file, what was its name? I'll do a windows search for the thing lol
Did you not find the location for where data is kept by following the path I listed in my posting above (just above Duggan's) ????

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 14th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 14th, 2011, 04:58 AM
And, for the sake of the edification of anyone who comes into the discussion later, the pre-errata Create .user file is available here.

I took a peek at the code last night and I'm thinking this is going to be tricky, possibly trickier than can be fixed with the editor. Inaccurate is elegantly simple in design and should interact correctly with caps. I'll check out Stacks With tonight.
Duggan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote