Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
And opening up a file I made Friday night for my little brother yields the following:
Attempt to access non-live pick via script fails for pick 'pwUPArray'
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PowerHelp'
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 4
- - -
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 10
- - -
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 14
- - -
Location: 'label' script for Template 'pwSumm' (in Portal 'lblSumm') near line 2
- - -
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PowerHelp'
Location: 'label' script for Template 'PPTallyTtl' (in Portal 'title') near line 5
- - -
Location: 'label' script for Template 'PPTallyTtl' (in Portal 'title') near line 6
I'm not getting these errors at all; I also don't see any Array on the hero, which is what I'd expect from them. Is there meant to be an Array present?

Thanks for the other bug reports, everyone - I've added them to my list to fix.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post

Yeah, I bet you won't make the mistake of asking us to take a Beta Version on a "shakedown cruise" ever again.

However, if you do....I'm sure we'll be glad to help with it just like we did this time around.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
The alternative was me releasing it just before Gen Con and having all those bugs come out of the woodwork while I was away, with no way to downgrade back to the old version. So on balance, I think this was better.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
I'm not getting these errors at all; I also don't see any Array on the hero, which is what I'd expect from them. Is there meant to be an Array present?

^_^ Away from the computer in question, but if I recall, it's actually done as a regular array with the "Ice Weapons" linked power being the base one. I never got that message again, just the one time, and it doesn't look like anything's missing...
Duggan is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old August 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
The alternative was me releasing it just before Gen Con and having all those bugs come out of the woodwork while I was away, with no way to downgrade back to the old version. So on balance, I think this was better.
Oh I was just teasing. It was a very good idea.

Not only does it mean the Release will be better (dare I say bug-free?) but it also meant you didn't have folks coming up to you at Gen Con asking "hey, did you know that you guys got <insert item of complaint> wrong with your latest release?"

That would've put a damper on your enjoyment of the Con not to mention the software's reputation.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hope this isn't too late to make the "Fix Before Next Release" List......

I made an HQ. Then I added the Equipment: 'Reference Materials' via the Equipment Tab.

On the Headquarters Tab, the display showing how the points have been spent lists "EP spent on Feats" instead of "EP spent on Equipment"

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old August 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Anothe HQ issue, if I gave any power to an NPC's headquaters the system gave me an error apparetly it calculates the NPC's level as "0" rather than it's real value.
Woodclaw is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I strongly suspect that this impacts too many existing builds, but currently, ESP has an "Affects" drop box for the sense type that has options like "1 sense, 2 senses, visual senses, 2 + visual senses, etc". Obscure, Concealment, Dazzle, and Illusion, and probably a few more I'm missing simply list "1 sense, 2 senses, 3 senses, etc" and assumes you'll count Visual for two senses. *sigh* If you made the change now, it affects everyone who's already picked this. But perhaps, if you fix it for 3E?
Duggan is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old August 16th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I strongly suspect that this impacts too many existing builds, but currently, ESP has an "Affects" drop box for the sense type that has options like "1 sense, 2 senses, visual senses, 2 + visual senses, etc". Obscure, Concealment, Dazzle, and Illusion, and probably a few more I'm missing simply list "1 sense, 2 senses, 3 senses, etc" and assumes you'll count Visual for two senses. *sigh* If you made the change now, it affects everyone who's already picked this. But perhaps, if you fix it for 3E?
I'm confused, are you trying to say the drop-down is in error or too complicated?

It currently has "1 Type (1/r)" - "2 Types (2/r) - "Visual Senses (2/r) - "2 Types, Including Visual (3/r)" - "3 Types (3/r)" - "3 Types, Including Visual (4/r) and then "All Types (4/r)" which is entirely correct and reminds folks of the easily overlooked/forgotten statement on page 49 of Ultimate Power that the Visual Sense Type does count as a 2 rank purchase when tallying up the cost, whether you pick up an additional Sense Type for use with the ESP or not.

Not wishing to start an arguement, I'm just not understanding why you think it's a bad thing to have the drop-down list "remind" people of that fact.

Perhaps you are saying the other powers should also have this same drop-down list in order to be consistent? If so, I'd like to point out that the features of Super Sense, to my reading of the book, seems to have exceptions to the "visual always costs double" philosophy...perhaps because Super Senses are, well, senses.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; August 16th, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 16th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yes, I am saying that the other ones I listed probably should list the expanded options. ^_^ Reminder that Visual costs double and all that.

Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a way to fix that in 2E and not mess up everyone who's come before...
Duggan is offline   #20 Reply With Quote