Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paris.Crenshaw

Old April 11th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I'm working on a homebrew setting that treats firearms a little differently from the options available in Ultimate Combat. Is there any way to implement the following rules automatically with a check box in the settings like the other rules options? Thanks!

Nearly-Commonplace Guns: Firearms are much more common in this era. Early firearms are still very expensive and can be tricky to wield, but they are readily available. Instead of requiring the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, all firearms are martial weapons. Early firearms and their ammunition cost 50% of the amounts listed in Ultimate Combat. Advanced firearms and their ammunition do not exist in this campaign.

Last edited by Paris.Crenshaw; April 11th, 2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Edited because I first posted this from my phone. ;)
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Nearly-Commonplace Guns: Firearms are much more common in this era. Early firearms are still very expensive and can be tricky to wield, but they are readily available. Instead of requiring the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, all firearms are martial weapons. Early firearms and their ammunition cost 50% of the amounts listed in Ultimate Combat. Advanced firearms and their ammunition do not exist in this campaign.
So pretty much this is the "Commonplace Guns" rule listed in UC (pg135) except the cost is 50% instead of 25%. So by turning on "Commonplace Guns" option in HL gets you almost what you want.

Unfortunately adjusting "cost" is not possible without making "new" Things. So you will be stuck making sure your players buy Guns for free and then pay for the gun at the right price on the Journal tab. For the ammo and gunpowder it maybe worth putting those in the editor at the correct price.

Best I can think of.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 12th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old April 12th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Shadow. You are correct. That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a way to implement the rule via the editor.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote