Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

sablevarg

Old January 4th, 2021, 04:01 PM
I downloaded the community pack - and, like an idiot, I forgot to make an external copy of my files. Now I'm getting an error message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Source '5CMHo5E' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pKoboPress'
Source '5e5EFeats' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFTPK'

I'm at a complete loss at how to fix this. I've got some practical experience in modding in the editor - but I have no idea how to fix this.

any help would be appreciated.
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 5th, 2021, 05:33 AM
I'm not sure what 5CMHo5E and 5e5EFeats are, and they're only referenced in one spot in the community pack, COM_5ePack - Loadmods.user. Maybe someone involved with the pack in the earlier days can tell us what those are.

But there's no reference to pKoboPress or pFTPK in the pack. So it sounds like something you did tied into the 5____ sources somehow. And since you didn't back up your files, they were overwritten and now have lost some connections.

However, there is an "importbackup" folder in your \ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e\ folder, which should theoretically have copies of whatever was just overwritten when you updated. Poke around those and see if you can find what you lost.

I've found that Notepad++ is really useful for searching all files in a particular folder for specific text.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old January 5th, 2021, 12:28 PM
Found a zip file with my files. So I've fixed the problem
Now that I downloaded the Community Pack zip file instead of auto-loading, I can put them in one at a time & fix as I go (or get rid of them if I can't fix them)
sablevarg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 6th, 2021, 08:05 AM
I'd recommend putting whatever custom code you have into your own separate, new .user file(s) in your 5e data folder. That way, they won't be overwritten when you update next time.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote