Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:00 PM
The Realm Works Feature Survey is now live! You can learn more and take the survey by heading to our website!

This thread is your opportunity to lobby and campaign for your favorites. Any separate threads for this purpose will be deleted, and all posts will be moved into this thread. Please be civil and respectful of your fellow forum users.

If you have any questions about the survey, check to see if we've already answered your question in the in the "Realm Works Feature Survey Information" thread. Got a question that you don't see answered here? Ask it here.

Don't forget, the survey ends on Sunday, January 11 at 11:59 pm PST!

Last edited by liz; December 19th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I like the presence of a streamlined UI and bulk operations in the survey. All this will help us to enter data faster, work with RW more efficiently and getting more done in less time. So I believe that this would be a good corner stone to put some priorities on.

For important additional features, I am sure every group has it's own needs, therefore it is difficult to lobby for something Anyways just for your information I put some prios beside the issues above, on import/export , printing, relationship diagramming, simplify & streamline interface, bulk operations.

A lot of critical topics are in the survey, so I'm excited what the results will be
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 19th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I put this in the survey, but I want to say it here, too. Whenever I've recommended Realm Works to other gamers, someone invariably brings up the fact that it's a closed product. Once your data goes in, it never comes out.

My personal experience in recommending your product has been that this has been the single most common criticism, and has kept you off the radar of many potential customers.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old December 19th, 2014, 11:43 PM
It appears that most users are asleep and didn't see the survey in their inbox so I will be the first to say, CALENDAR!! :-D
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 19th, 2014, 11:51 PM
I was asleep, and then busy filling in the survey...

Having said that, calendars, journals, print, export. Please, folks! These things are so important to making RW everything it can be.
Chemlak is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old December 20th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Not really lobbying, but critique on the survey (and I mean it in the correction for next time sense, not in the hate you sense...)
Users can rarely give good results on a 1-10 scale, especially when its a one off answer, with no corrections (i.e. question 35 in the survey is the opposite of question 1 and the answers are compared). I think in the case of the major features a 1-18 grade should have been used with every grade appearing only once. So each user needs to decide on the absolute order in which he wants things to be implemented.
Avi is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 20th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
It appears that most users are asleep and didn't see the survey in their inbox so I will be the first to say, CALENDAR!! :-D
I agree - custom calendars.

There are many awesome things besides custom calendars, but those can wait for after the custom calendars.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 20th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Custom Calendars

The inability to create my own custom calendars is the single biggest block to my making full use of the tool. Having to manually convert dates from Gregorian to my campaign's calendar is a major pain point. There are many other features that I would welcome, but nothing impacts my enjoyment and use of the product as much as the lack of custom calendars.
MNBlockHead is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post
Not really lobbying, but critique on the survey (and I mean it in the correction for next time sense, not in the hate you sense...)
Users can rarely give good results on a 1-10 scale, especially when its a one off answer, with no corrections (i.e. question 35 in the survey is the opposite of question 1 and the answers are compared). I think in the case of the major features a 1-18 grade should have been used with every grade appearing only once. So each user needs to decide on the absolute order in which he wants things to be implemented.
We planned to do that originally. Unfortunately, the survey tools available are really clunky when you have that many different options to rank. So we had to go back and revise our approach. The 1-10 scale was the only approach that worked well within the survey tools and would give good results. We only need to identify the top few items for now.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 20th, 2014, 07:17 AM
FYI, Tried utilizing the survey at the airport as I waited on flight home, It is NOT user friendly on an Iphone.... the format does some unusual wrapping with the text versus the "check dot" about a third of the way threw I simply gave up. I revisited it this morning on my desktop machine.. SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER....

DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote