Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

Thermo

Old February 24th, 2021, 06:15 AM
So what good is migrating your paid content?

You can only use it to run a character - not run a campaign?

That means I still have to use Herolab Classic to run the encounters.

While that works - it's not even close to as good as it would be in HeroLab Online with the new interface.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here - but I thought the whole purpose of migrating and then using Campaign mode was to run campaigns.

It appears that you can only do that with a very very small subset of creatures? Or do I have to buy the Adventure Path again for herolab online?

I understand it's usefulness for the players - but it's not doing much for the GM - and I am the one paying for the content as a Patron.

Last edited by Thermo; February 24th, 2021 at 06:21 AM.
Thermo is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 24th, 2021, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen much released about the Encounter Libraries, so I think a lot of your questions are still unanswered. I am assuming (hoping, as I own quite a few myself) that those, like all the other purchased content, will be available in HLO once they're released.

So for now, if you want to use it to run a campaign, you'd need to manually create those encounters. That's what those of us using Campaign Theater for PF2 have been doing since it was released.
mototom is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 24th, 2021, 02:51 PM
It's an error, and it should be reported as an error. Those encounters are being run on an authorized device, and should be treated that way.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Digmarx

Old March 17th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Nothing to contribute to this discussion, other than to add my voice to those wanting to see the Encounter Library content implemented. It would be great to get an official response with a timeline for this.
Digmarx is offline   #14 Reply With Quote