Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LordLancelot

Old November 26th, 2014, 06:05 AM
When I craft a weapon or armor at 33% cost, how can I change the value in hero lab ?

So far I have found in ajust tab: equipment don't count in gear value, but that too much, if we could have a field to enter the equipment value it would be great.

This can be useful for magic item made with crafting feats too (50%).

meanwhile Is there a way to do it ?
LordLancelot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Away from HL at the moment so can't confirm this, but couldn't you add a custom Weapon/Armor/Equipment and just set the cost from that menu as you can do when adding a magic weapon to your character?

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. You can already choose how much to pay for anything you buy in HL, so you can enter only 33% of the normal cost as the cost you have to pay in this situation.

Are you asking for a "33%" checkbox on the payment section, so that HL calculates that for you?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LordLancelot

Old November 26th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Let say I craft a 4000 mithral breast plate. I will pay it 1320 gp (*.33%)
That part is fine and work perfectly. (typing 1320gp for the amount paid for the crafted item)

The amount of gold I have is fine, but the gear total value will show the full value.

This will be a greater gap when making a magical item with crafting feats (50% cost)

The total gear value is useful to know your current Wealth By Level
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement
LordLancelot is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2014, 09:23 AM
WBL is calculated on the total value of your gear, not the cost you paid for it. So the magic sword you took from your enemy doesn't count as 0gp towards your total wealth, it counts its full value. Similarly, for items you've created, you needed to pay skill points for the skill to accomplish that, pay time you could have been adventuring to do the work, and buy or rent the workspace and tools.

Last edited by Mathias; November 26th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LordLancelot

Old November 26th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Well your wrong:

Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook Frequently Asked Questions
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9ouz

PC Wealth By Level: If a PC has an item crafting feat, does a crafted item count as its Price or its Cost?

It counts as the item's Cost, not the Price. This comes into play in two ways.

If you're equipping a higher-level PC, you have to count crafted items at their Cost. Otherwise the character isn't getting any benefit for having the feat. Of course, the GM is free to set limits in equipping the character, such as "no more than 40% of your wealth can be used for armor" (instead of the "balanced approach" described on page 400 where the PC should spend no more than 25% on armor).

If you're looking at the party's overall wealth by level, you have to count crafted items at their Cost. Otherwise, if you counted crafted items at their Price, the crafting character would look like she had more wealth than appropriate for her level, and the GM would have to to bring this closer to the target gear value by reducing future treasure for that character, which means eventually that character has the same gear value as a non-crafting character--in effect neutralizing any advantage of having that feat at all.
LordLancelot is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SpectreMarkVI

Old November 26th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Technically he's not wrong, its usually based on what you pay, your also right in that crafted gear is calculated at crafted cost. Other then that, just make notes that remind you what gear is crafted and make the adjustments as necessary when your DM/GM asks at what wealth your currently at.

If anything, you could always make a post in the HL request section for a option stating if an item bought is "crafted"
SpectreMarkVI is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 27th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMarkVI View Post
Technically he's not wrong, its usually based on what you pay, your also right in that crafted gear is calculated at crafted cost. Other then that, just make notes that remind you what gear is crafted and make the adjustments as necessary when your DM/GM asks at what wealth your currently at.

If anything, you could always make a post in the HL request section for a option stating if an item bought is "crafted"
Here's what I whipped up real quick-like:

FUZgCost.user
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <thing id="pFUZgCost" name="Equipment Cost" description="Adjust the cost of an Item, used for Gear Value calculations.\n\nNOTE:  Enter the items new cost in the (source) text field." compset="InPlay">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr" name="NoIncr" abbrev="NoIncr"/>
    <tag group="Adjustment" tag="YourGear" name="Current Equipment" abbrev="Current Equipment"/>
    <eval phase="Final" priority="10000" name="Equipment Cost Adjustment"><![CDATA[
      ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~ If nothing's been chosen, get out now
      doneif (field[pChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ Set the focus to the chosen thing
      var newCost as number
      newCost = field[pSource].text
      field[pChosen].chosen.field[gCost].value = newCost]]>
      <before name="Calc tValuables and tGearValue"/>
      </eval>
    </thing>
  </document>