Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Brolthemighty

Old March 23rd, 2020, 12:22 AM
Okay, so I've made a boon that grants a bonus feat, 2 skill prof's and a minor special ability. To do this, I've created a configurable for such, and was able to take care of the feat and skill prof's no problem. The special ability is the problem though.

First, I simply bootstrapped the Class Special (Speech of the Woods)
- That worked, but it put a 0 beside the ability in the configurable. Wasn't sure why, I'm thinking it has to do with when it's gained and since I didn't set it it defaults to 0?

Then working off that idea I put in tags, ClassSpecWhen/1
- This changed it to a 1, but greyed it all out like it wasn't enabled/available

Then working off the idea its because it's a Class Special, I remade it as a custom ability, and bootstrapped THAT.
- It didn't show under the configurable at all.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope. No idea what I'm missing/doing wrong.

I'm also looking at increasing the Bonus Feat field at specific levels...but I'm not sure what the eval script would be to do that. I'm still browsing content to see if I can find an example.
Brolthemighty is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 23rd, 2020, 06:24 AM
I wonder if it's part of how configurables work? I haven't tried bootstrapping anything to them. Most of the time they're used for making Picks.

When you say it's part of a boon, do you mean it's literally a boon Thing that the player is picking from the Epic Boons tab? If so, have you tried bootstrapping the ability directly to the boon instead of the configurable?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old March 23rd, 2020, 12:49 PM
Yep, it's part of the Boon. So they choose the Boon, and up pops the configurable with their choices. I'm using it as a pseudo-Mythic tab (like Pathfinder's Mythic levels). There's one at creation, and then another that acts/looks almost like another subclass tab. I have a few ideas to try out.
Brolthemighty is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old March 25th, 2020, 09:42 PM
If I can just figure out what's causing it to gray out after I add in the level script.

I thought I had my magic button when I saw the Custom Ability's ability to have several class abilities bootstrapped to it, and set what level they pop up at. And it worked...kinda. They showed up on the Special Abilities tab, but only under a single entry there (the custom ability) and didn't actually show up on the configurable tab (just the custom ability).

Still, if I can find the right scripting to keep it from graying out, I think that'll work.
Brolthemighty is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 26th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Can you paste the code?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old March 26th, 2020, 02:45 PM
There is no code, just me bootstrapping the Class Spec over into the configurable. Then to give it a level field instead of zero I added ClassSpecWhen/1 When I get back to my computer I can link my user file if you want. At the moment though, that’s what I’ve got.
Brolthemighty is offline   #6 Reply With Quote