Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old September 27th, 2021, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Thanks to other paperwork pressures, I haven't been keeping up lately even though I still use RW for my D&D sessions. While I bought in to Foundry when they first asked for support after hearing about it, I had issues with installation on my main desktop and never really did anything with it. To be honest, the technobabble by all the smart people on the discord server scared me off. I'm fairly savvy but not to that degree. This might give me the incentive to start working on setting it up again when I get some time. Thanks for doing it.

It's hard to believe that it's been over 47 years that I've been playing and how far D&D has come since 74.
There is quite a technical group running and supporting FVTT. I've now got Foundry running on Oracle Cloud which they (Oracle) market as free forever (unlike AWS which only give you 1 year free).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old September 28th, 2021, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The text on the link should match the text in the original article, so if the article containing the link didn't use the prefix or suffix then the imported FVTT journal entry won't have that extra text either.
Ah, got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If something doesn't go as expected, it is worth checking the console of your browser (press F12 on windows/Linux to see it). There might be warnings or errors being reported there.

If nothing is obvious, would you mind PMing me a link to your RWoutput file so that I can run it myself and see where the issues might be? If so, could you give me the name of the journal entries that are lacking links to governing topic too please.
The console is giving a couple of warnings about two of my maps (they are gifs, so it doesn't like them), and Foundry's own stream of upload notifications gives me "You may not upload non-media files which would overwrite an existing file on the server" which I would assume is just echoing the same incompatibility with gifs, but there seem to be more than two of them, so I'm not entirely sure.

I can't seem to find any missing governing content anymore, and I can't remember the specific ones I saw, so I'm going to hope that one was just user error unless I see it again.

But I have been able to repeatedly replicate the issue with map notes disappearing.

When I run the tool on a brand new empty world, the scenes all have their map notes intact. But as soon as I activate a module, some of the scenes inexplicably lose all their map notes forever.

And it doesn't seem to matter what module I activate! I've tried it with TidyUI-Game Settings, and then I made a new world and tried it with Pings, and then another world and Better Rolls for 5e. I figured three completely unrelated modules was enough to establish some sort of pattern so I stopped checking at that point.

I'm going to send you a link to the file.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 28th, 2021, 04:00 PM
I will look at enabling a module such as you list above after the import to see what happens, and to what map pins.

I'm testing an improvement for the Governed Content links which will include the prefix and/or suffix in the titles for those particular links.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2021, 03:14 AM
Version 0.8.0 is out.

It fixes an issue with scene notes not being saved when the world is restarted.

It converts GIF images to PNG images so that they can be used for scene backgrounds.

It displays the FULL name (prefix + title + suffix) for topic links in the Governed Content and Governing Content of journal entries.

Farling

Farling is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 30th, 2021, 04:56 AM
Version 0.8.1 fixes a problem with the Governing/Governed links not working as soon as a child topic with an & in the topic name is encountered.

Farling

Farling is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 30th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Version 0.9.0 adds creation of RollTables from the Tables in your RW snippets.
BUG FIX for Actors not being created from Statblock snippets.

RollTables are created from the Tables that you've got in your RW snippets.
Formatting is retained where appropriate.
Links and in-line dice rolls are created within the RollTable result details where applicable.

The first row of the table is assumed to be titles, and will not be added to the RollTable.
The first column of the table must contain the rolled number(s), either as a single number, two numbers separated by a dash, or two numbers separated by a comma.
The second column of the table is used to populate the RollTable (although if the second column contains all blank entries then the third column will be used instead).
If the title of the first column is a valid dice roll syntax then it will be used as the formula for the table, otherwise the formula will be calculated by examining the lowest and highest numbers in the table and creating a single dice roll with a fixed addition.
A link to the RollTable is added to the end of the converted section within the corresponding Journal Entry.

Farling

Farling is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old October 10th, 2021, 10:28 PM
[Edited to add some issues]

Loving it.

A few other issues I found:

1) Within topics, governed content, relationships, and inbound/outbound links aren't in alphabetical order, even though that's how Realm Works displays them. It gets a bit unwieldy without that alphabetization with a lot of those links.

2) Some links aren't there. For instance on my Arvandor topic (the domain of the Seldarine, not the layer that governs it), in Foundry some of the deities' name's are not clickable links, though they are in Realm Works. Labelas Enorath and Shevarash are examples in the file I sent.

3) Some links are dead, and outlined in dotted red lines, even though they work fine within Realm Works. On my Portals of the Multiverse topic, you can see five of them as examples.

Last edited by Sword_of_Spirit; October 10th, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 11th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
[Edited to add some issues]

Loving it.

A few other issues I found:

1) Within topics, governed content, relationships, and inbound/outbound links aren't in alphabetical order, even though that's how Realm Works displays them. It gets a bit unwieldy without that alphabetization with a lot of those links.

2) Some links aren't there. For instance on my Arvandor topic (the domain of the Seldarine, not the layer that governs it), in Foundry some of the deities' name's are not clickable links, though they are in Realm Works. Labelas Enorath and Shevarash are examples in the file I sent.

3) Some links are dead, and outlined in dotted red lines, even though they work fine within Realm Works. On my Portals of the Multiverse topic, you can see five of them as examples.
For ordering purposes, the same order is used as they appear in the RWoutput file. I don't know if RW allows child topics to be arranged in a non-alphabetical order within RW itself.

I will have another look to see what links might be missing. I think there are some links which it isn't possible to re-create because of the way that "aliases" are handled in the RWoutput file.

I've found one issue where topics with special characters in their title weren't linking properly, so a topic with a name like "pie & mash" would cause links to it to be created as broken links.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; October 11th, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
Farling is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old October 12th, 2021, 02:52 AM
I think child topics in RW are always alphabetized, which is how I like it anyway, so it threw me off when they weren't ordered right in Foundry.

If aliases don't work, I might have to go through and convert some links before exporting. I've become used to using everything from aliases to custom links based on what looked best in the particular context. What are the limitations on which ones don't work?

One of the broken links is my "Welcome to the Realm" homepage. I wonder if it might not work because it is a unique topic in RW with no topic type.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 12th, 2021, 05:33 AM
Version 0.9.1 fixes a bug where links were broken if the topic title contained an ampersand (&).

Farling

Farling is offline   #100 Reply With Quote