Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

thaX

Old December 8th, 2021, 08:45 PM
How would I put in the World is Square add on for the online version of PF1 Herolab Online?
thaX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 9th, 2021, 12:27 AM
With a lot of adjustments!? Third party and user files from HLC can't be transferred to HLO.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 9th, 2021, 06:20 AM
Hi ThaX,

In terms of customizing your Characters in a manner to achieve some of the effects of World is Square rules, there are a whole bunch of Permanent and Temporary Adjustments that you can use to tweak what is added to the Character, what counts as being "valid" for them. The most common of these adjustments will end up being free Bonus Feats that grant you resources to give the various Feats that have been removed and given to all Characters by default.

There is also the ability to add custom names for features and abilities that you add, and adjust stats accordingly but none of this is programmed into the dataset or given an optional rule setting.

It's certainly not a perfect resolution for this but with a bit of work you should be able to wrestle the Character into the rough approximate shape and statistical form that is intended for the WiS rules.
Ryan F is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 10th, 2021, 06:58 AM
This is the primary reason why I haven't converted to HLO and continue to use HLC, even with all its bugs and lack of updates. The features that SC's Community Pack and World is Square bring to HLC improves the functionality and options with the software that I can't imagine using HLC without them. I understand why LW doesn't allow custom data sets for HLO, but not implementing at least these 2 data sets that have been standard for many users for years effectively handcuffs the product, in my humble opinion.
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote