Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
A new version of Realm Works is now available as an automatic update within Realm Works. This update includes a fix for the critical bug we announced Tuesday. Additionally, a preliminary version of the “Tips & Tricks” documentation has been included. Below is a list of some of the major changes in the newest release. You can find additional enhancements and a list of bug fixes in the Release Notes within Realm Works.

Special Note Items
  • A bug was reported this weekend that we first believed was a display issue where individual snippets were occasionally being incorrectly shown as empty. After investigating it, we realized that data could be lost if users didn’t notice the issue. If a user proceeded to edit and save a topic/article when a snippet displayed as empty, that snippet would thereafter be saved with empty data, effectively losing the original contents. We recommend that all users review all topics/articles that they modified since the last release of Realm Works (April 25th) to determine if any content was impacted by this bug. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
  • In the rush to get out a fix for the above issue, we had to cut a corner on a major internal change put into place for this release. Most preferences are now being managed through the database for efficiency and we were unable to get all the logic into place to migrate all preferences appropriately. This means that many of your preferences will not be restored when launching this new release. See further below for a list of the preferences that will need to be re-established with this release. We’re sorry for the hassle with this, but we felt the need to get out a fix for the above-mentioned data loss bug trumped waiting for preference migration to be implemented.

New Features
  • A preliminary version of the “Tips & Tricks” documentation has been included. This document provides a long list of suggestions and guidelines for getting the most out of Realm Works, including a “Best Practices” chapter that has been heavily requested. This document is a work-in-progress and not yet complete, but it contains extensive advice that will be invaluable to most users.

Enhancements and Changes
  • The “Login” tab of the Launch Dialog has been reworked to more clearly differentiate working online versus offline. This should alleviate the confusion that some users experienced with previous releases.
  • There is now a “Tools” tab on the Launch Dialog where you can perform various global operations, such as managing your account details, backing up your database, restoring an old backup, etc.
  • The “Backup” and “Restore” options have been removed from the “Manage” ribbon now that they exist within the “Tools” tab on the Launch Dialog. Their placement on the “Manage” ribbon led users to think they were only backing up and restoring individual realms, so we’ve moved them to the Launch Dialog instead.
  • A “Cast List” category has been added to facilitate better organizing NPCs. See the “Tips & Tricks” document for more details.
  • Various tags and tag domains have been added.
  • The handling of preferences has been overhauled, which resulted in many user preferences being lost with this release. The full list of preferences that will need to be re-established is listed in the release notes within Realm Works.
  • All images now default to fit-to-screen when first shown.

Last edited by liz; May 8th, 2014 at 02:21 PM.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
werdnoslo

Old May 8th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Hmm seems every time I try to load a smart map now the program crashes and locks up
werdnoslo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2014, 03:51 PM
If you haven't already, please submit a bug report so we can try to replicate the issue.
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:39 PM
A new update is out that resolves an issue found in 1.0.3. Thank you to the users that promptly reported it!

The following issues and problems were addressed in this release:
  • Navigating to a smart image that doesn’t have an image in it can cause a crash
  • Once at a smart image that doesn’t have an image, several menu items in the Tools menu were enabled and would cause a crash if selected

You can still find the full list of enhancements and bug fixes from 1.0.3 in the Release Notes within Realm Works.
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
B57123m

Old May 9th, 2014, 11:59 AM
So I loaded up the new update and all of my content is gone, the 3 realms I have are still able to load but nothing shows up in any of them. Not sure what has happened. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I closed and opened the program and everything is back.

Last edited by B57123m; May 9th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.
B57123m is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B57123m View Post
So I loaded up the new update and all of my content is gone, the 3 realms I have are still able to load but nothing shows up in any of them. Not sure what has happened. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I closed and opened the program and everything is back.
I can't imagine the sweating and swearing that ensued...
MaxSupernova is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 9th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I can't imagine the sweating and swearing that ensued...
backup often, i always say.
mirtos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old May 9th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
backup often, i always say.
Actually that is a good reminder, i have been lulled into a sense of security with the syncing working welll.

Off to make another copy to my drop box (just in case)!!
taxboy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 9th, 2014, 06:17 PM
nothing wrong with syncing and backing up. just to be safe.
mirtos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Don't forget that it keeps backups from your last 10 starts in your Documents folder.

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote