Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

dentaa

Old February 16th, 2017, 03:51 PM
It would be really nice if I could have my players character sheets in realm works. Either exported from Hero Lab or manually entered and be able to choose which elements they can modify. Just saying dream list.
dentaa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 16th, 2017, 04:04 PM
You can view them in RW now. You add a Hero Lab snippet and load your players file into it. Then it works just any other Hero Lab snippet.

I'm hopeful that when web view comes that there is functionality for loading a player sheet and letting my players access that player sheet via the web view and make minor modifications.

Bah honestly this goes much further.

Hero Labs needs network connection back to the DM and sync back to RW for viewing purposes. A full live network system. Then the DM does not have to micro manage the players. They do the sheet updates and the DM just see's it happening live via the combat tracker, etc.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 16th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Hero Labs needs network connection back to the DM and sync back to RW for viewing purposes. A full live network system. Then the DM does not have to micro manage the players. They do the sheet updates and the DM just see's it happening live via the combat tracker, etc.
Be still my heart.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old February 16th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Be still my heart.
*Sigh* 'tis a good dream.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old February 16th, 2017, 09:17 PM
+1 Indeed, it is.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Can I give this a +infinity??
mazzy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM
+1 (and some characters to reach the required 5)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old February 18th, 2017, 09:42 AM
I would love this if it could be made to work.
JustinThomason is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 19th, 2017, 08:51 AM
How I would love this. +1
Gord is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Last night was one of those sessions where I really really wished HL and RW would birth a hybrid online baby.

2 of my players didn't turn up. Both of those players use Hero Lab but no one had a copy of their portfolios.

I had an old copy. But all of the spells and ability tracking had changed from my copy.

Now we have a ring in player who comes in and plays when someone is absent. She turned up and obviously needed a sheet to play the character (Hero Lab is awesome at making this possible btw). I quickly ran through my options.

1. Print off the 3 different pdfs required for her to play. Not really efficient when you consider I had a table of 8 waiting for this.
2. Print the pdfs off, merge them and put them on a tablet. This is the option I went with. It was efficient enough and got us up and running.
3. Let her screen share the Hero Lab session running on player's laptop that was next to her.

This allowed us to start, albeit with an incorrect character sheet. The player kept notes on scrap paper of all the changes to the character that was uploaded to our facebook group so the owning player can do the updates before next session.

Everyone leveled up during this session also which was a major PITA. Now all of my characters are out of date. I really wish there was a way for their updates to just flow into my system instead of them having to do the updates on their machine and then do the updates on my machine.

How I wish this would work...
Hero Lab should have some form of cloud support that is linked to the DM's game. When a player creates a character they can choose to connect that character to a game and that character then stores on the cloud.

Any changes to the character sync back to the cloud and the character sheet can be added within RW allowing the DM to come along and see an up to date version of the player sheet.

When the Web Portal is implemented it should have options for both Hero Lab and Realm Works. The players should be able to view and make limited (I doubt web can handle full functionality?) changes to the sheet. Any changes made here sync back to the cloud.

At the start of a session the DM can add the Heroes from the cloud / RW into a HL session. This creates a link that can be set to both read and write. At the table, the players use the web version above. Any changes they make flow back to the DM's seat.

Implement a log system so the DM can see changes as they are made by the players. This enables verification that players are updating as they should.

Include an option to award X amount of XP to all players and have the Journals all update.

Anyway... I'm sure you see where I am going with this. It's a dream and one that I understand requires quite a bit of change on both Hero Lab and Realm Works.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote