Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mystic Lemur

Old February 14th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I would pay $150-$200 to upgrade from Dire Wolf to Alpha Wolf.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Laruuk

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I can easily see myself paying $250 or $300 for a lifetime cloud membership.

With the right 'perks', I would pay more than that.
Laruuk is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
monsterfurby

Old February 17th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laruuk View Post
I can easily see myself paying $250 or $300 for a lifetime cloud membership.

With the right 'perks', I would pay more than that.
Haven't used the software yet, so it very much depends on how much I ultimately like it, but if it's as useful as it looks, around $200 would be what I'd be willing to pay as well.
monsterfurby is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfurby View Post
Haven't used the software yet, so it very much depends on how much I ultimately like it, but if it's as useful as it looks, around $200 would be what I'd be willing to pay as well.
As pointed out previously, with lifetime top-tier cloud access stated as a kickstarter exclusive, if they did offer it again I think you would have a few backers upset if it was offered at a lower price point than offered during the kickstarter campaign.

Having begged & borrowed to get myself to the $250 tier for that sole purpose, I would not be happy if they offered the same package at a reduced price from what I have already invested.

Exclusivity is one thing (that I don't personally have a problem with breaking), but price is an entirely different matter.

FWIW - I think once you get to play with the software you will see that $250-$300 will be money well spent
Jaynay27 is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 19th, 2014, 06:22 AM
As someone who also has that lifetime perk I would also agree that that I don't have a problem with breaking the exclusivity of that particular offer, but only if it were not at a lower price point. Lone Wolf could probably send out a poll/email on that question, though, if they really wanted to see how it would be received by others in the same boat. As a company it's not really a good idea to alienate Kickstarter backers and such since those are folks who basically say upfront that they are willing to invest in a product that they've never even seen and have no real guarantee that it will even manifest. Those folks are a hard core set of customers that will cost you a lot more in the long run if you sour that relationship and will lose you credibility if you ever decide to crowdsource any other projects in the future, so it's definitely something a company will want to be very wary of.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 19th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Lifetime stuff is great but it sure kills incentive to improve the product once everybody signs up for it. It is also usually non-transferable to a new company if somebody bought Lone Wolf. (I used to have a lifetime everything TSR eer makes setup for example, but strangely enough, WOTC didn't honour it when they bought the company).

I haven't seen it anywhere but a modified lifetime idea that might work would be that the lifetime price you paid gives you the right to buy version updates (or versions on different platforms) at half the normal update price after the first 3 (or whatever makes economic sense). You wouldn't have to buy each update if you didn't think it was worth it though, since I've seen some pretty bad ones over the years from companies.

This would give incentive to keep producing new stuff.
Gord is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old February 19th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Well, to be clear here the lifetime thing mentioned is for top-tier server/cloud access, not necessarily for software updates. That may well be a separate thing if LWD decides that v2.0 is so vastly different/improved that they want to charge for the upgrade. Nothing they did in the Kickstarter prevents them from asking for that at all.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
jerrycnh

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Commenting on the flipside to Alpha Wolf Backers' general consensus that lifetime should not be less than or equal to $250 given what was stated in the Kickstarter, I would definitely be willing (after testing the cloud out, of course) to pay $400 or so for lifetime cloud and would find it more than fair that the price was higher because of previous promises.

I also do think it's a good idea to poll the backers and that level and let them decide, by majority vote, whether or not to let us have the option. I wouldn't recommend offering it without their approval.
jerrycnh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM
250 would be kind of high for my budget, but if the software is what I'm hoping it will be, I'd be willing to save up for it.
EightBitz is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:47 PM
As another Alpha, I have no objections to breaking the exclusivity but would be if the price point was lower than what I paid.

I think the real question is at what point does it stop making sense for Lone Wolf to offer lifetime access, from a money perspective.
enrious is offline   #40 Reply With Quote