Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PinkRose

Old February 19th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Any thought to release a non-feat package?
Since they are optional for character creation, it seems a shame to hold back everything else.
PinkRose is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2016, 03:49 PM
For the mechanics of a feat like Ritual Caster that allowed the hero to pick spells, I would have the feat bootstrap a configurable ("Configure" tab in the editor) with the following settings in the Spells section:

Linked Attribute: Intelligence (StandardDC.aINT tag)
Caster Level: Class Level (Helper.ClsCastLev tag)
Spells Total: 2 (cfgMaxSp1 field)
Primary Spell Candidate: Helper.RitualSpel & sLevel.1 (cfgAllwSp1 field)

That would let you add 2 of any level 1 ritual to the hero on the "Ritual Caster" tab. You could use a menu selection to choose which class to restrict it to (and then modify the spell candidate tag expression appropriately), or just define separate "Ritual Caster (Wizard)", "Ritual Caster (Bard)" etc feats for each different class.

The other feats should be able to be implemented in the same with, with configurables - the exception is "Skilled", as I think you currently can't add skill or tool proficiencies via a configurable. We can fix that for next release - until then, you can simply tell the user add the proficiencies manually on the Skills tab.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2016, 03:57 PM
That's pretty much how it is working i believe. Tim made a configurable that we are referencing to. I'm currently working on modifying that same concept for Spell Sniper.

Ritual Caster has some more complexity in that we want to allow / guide the user to pick 2 1st level spells but once that is done they need to be able to add more Ritual spells depending on their level.
daplunk is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:03 PM
At this stage the pack is much more than just single user files. It has been structured correctly in preparation for an official release file which means we have dependencies coming to and from multiple files.

I'm sure we could make a sub release with little effort but given we are only 3.5 Feats away from full functionality we are driving towards that goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
Any thought to release a non-feat package?
Since they are optional for character creation, it seems a shame to hold back everything else.
daplunk is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
That's pretty much how it is working i believe. Tim made a configurable that we are referencing to. I'm currently working on modifying that same concept for Spell Sniper.

Ritual Caster has some more complexity in that we want to allow / guide the user to pick 2 1st level spells but once that is done they need to be able to add more Ritual spells depending on their level.
Right now I think the total number of spells is fixed - we could add the ability to make that a minimum in the next release, but for now it's a fixed value.

Spell Sniper should be able to work the same way, except you're selecting cantrips instead of ritual spells.
Colen is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah it wont take me long to work out Spell Sniper.

Which leave us with:
Martial Adept - No progress
Skilled - No progress but believe this is reliant on new functionality in next patch.
daplunk is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:37 PM
@Colen,

For spell sniper, to restrict selection to only cantrips that have an attack roll, i assume i need to add a custom User Tag and then restrict the options to only spells containing that tag.

Sound about right?

Quote:
~ Set the spell selection expression to only be the selected class
field[cfgAllwSp1].text &= " & (sLevel.0) & (" & tagids[sClass.?,"|"] & ")"
daplunk is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:48 PM
The problem is none of the SRD cantrips will have that tag. We can define a new tag for "spell with attack roll" in the next update, and you can use that in the tag expression and in your own spells once it's added.

For Martial Adept, that should be doable with a configurable as well - have it add custom abilities, and set the tag expression properly for battle master maneuvers (we used abCategory.FtrBMasMan in our examples).
Colen is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Thanks mate, that will make it alot easier. Ill have a crack at Martial Adept later tonight.
daplunk is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
azuravian

Old February 20th, 2016, 06:39 AM
I added Elemental Adept using the instructions on the front page and came across two issues. Firstly, it won't compile. Error message is:

Quote:
'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fElemAdept' calls a non-existent procedure for the active script context
I'm assuming this is due to the line
Quote:
Call 5CHasSpell
but I'm not sure of how to fix it.

I searched around and found the other script for War Caster on page 7 and used it instead and was able to compile and the pre-requisite seems to work.

The second issue I found is that, although I can select the feat, I am unable to choose the damage type. I have added "Energy Type (Base 4)" to the "Select From..." under Item Selection. In the dropdown within the main app however, it just says "Nothing to Select".

Last edited by azuravian; February 20th, 2016 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Clarity
azuravian is offline   #90 Reply With Quote